Author Topic: Shreddice.  (Read 1845 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Shreddice.
« on: May 29, 2022, 05:17:47 PM »
I used to look down on shredded lettuce as a lesser ingredient, something to do with lettuce before it goes bad.
But I've been converted.
I had some romaine that wouldn't behave. I looked up what to do, and was advised to bunch it up tight, and chop it with a knife.
So, I did, and put it on my sandwiches.

And I honestly think I like it better this way. It's like dicing up onion, it cuts down on sandwich height too, so you can pack them flat.

How about the rest of you? Ever turn around on a cooking issue you'd previously been adamant about?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Shreddice.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 09:38:45 PM »
We had romaine that froze once, but I knew a Chinese guy who would sauté it with ginger and garlic.  It's very good cooked, apparently.  Kind of like a leafy vegetable, like bok choi.  I cooked the frozen stuff and it was fine.

I think I'd prefer it whole laid on a sandwich, but that's probably due to the fact that I tend to make a mess when I eat sandwiches and it would most likely land on the plate instead of staying in the sandwich.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 10:49:00 PM »
I've been using it every day. I was truly a fool.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 05:13:03 PM »
When I was a child, I hated peanut butter and chocolate.  That has changed considerably.  Really, I had white choc easter rabbits and jelly sandwiches.  I am mystified by the whole business now.

Maybe we are a series of distinct individuals rather than a single person, as we go through life.  Certainly, our relationship to certain foods changes.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 07:01:43 PM »
I've never willingly used a dinner fork. Salad forks are the superior fork.