Author Topic: SwitchCap  (Read 2277 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
SwitchCap
« on: October 08, 2021, 01:49:51 AM »
One thing that always bugged me is that bbq sauce tends to come with a screw top, unlike ketchup or mustard, which comes with pour caps.

So when mom finished off a kraft salad dressing, I throughly washed the pour cap off, and tossed it on top of the fridge.
I'm not sure how long ago I did that, but tonight, the BBQ sauce once again betrayed me!
... and made a mess, so I remembered the saved cap.

I angrily threw the original cap in the garbage (It knows what it did) and screwed the pour cap on in it's place.
Since it's the same brand, and I'm guessing the same bottle, it mounted just fine.

And now the BBQ sauce is under control! (now it does what I tell it.)

I like this solution because I don't have to rinse out a plastic bottle, and washing the cap of a salad dressing bottle is super easy.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: SwitchCap
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 07:46:33 AM »
There'll probably come a time where you have your own, long-life dispensers and you'll buy your sauces in recyclable sachets. In fact, I already do this with olive oil and buy it in a can rather than a plastic bottle. Then I have 3 or 4 squeezy dispensers with needle tops with plain and flavoured oil.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 06:55:51 AM »
I did it again.

I noticed the French's mustard cap and tabasco bbq sauce cap were the same size.

Honestly, BBQ sauce should have an applicator cap, but those primitive apes all do screwtop.

The French's mustard cap looks bless'ed ridiculous on top of a hot sauce bottle, like a sombrero.

I suppose this is a cost effective way of doing things. Instead of buying $2.99 Kraft salad dressings to get my switch caps, I can buy Dollar Store French's Mustard and get essentially the same result. Hell, the French's cap has a finer application nozzle than the salad dressing.

Stupid topic to bump, but life is hard, and this is silly.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 10:52:22 AM »
Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce has a squeeze top instead of the kind where you end up pouring half the bottle on whatever you are trying to sauce up.  We got some other variety supposed to be better for you in that it has cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.  It wasn't as good.  I am tempted to say Hunt's?  Some Grocery outlet .99 special.

Got some Newman's own family Italian dressing at Safeway yesterday, it's on sale.  It's hot so we eat salads often for dinner.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 09:25:09 AM »
SBR has the fart nozzle, to put it crudely, but the cap is still a flat top.
Hunts isn't much good for anything, they're an also ran, and their sauces run watery. I'm not a fan.

I do like the tabasco bbq sauce, it could be used for a decent diablo sandwich, if inaccurate.

And yup, Grocery outlet has mostly become my OSS (one stop shop)

I love trying new sauces, but I have to say I'm getting a little tired of everything being sweet.

I'm actually surprised how many new sauces the dollar tree has.