Author Topic: PS2 slim Salvage.  (Read 2125 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
PS2 slim Salvage.
« on: September 15, 2022, 02:43:09 AM »
This one has been back shelved for a long time. I'd actually lost interest in the PS2 entirely once I got my first 360.
My slim still works, but it doesn't like PS1 games.
The PS1 I got in 1997 still runs, which I found shocking, but it's pretty basic. One downside is the spindle came the golly off when I was testing street sk8er.
That's right, the spindle just came off.
I shoved it back on of course, and it still rotates just fine, but that was quite alarming.

Anyway, my slim was being a little madam about playing Jurassic Park (DVD), and I remembered mom had found a PS2 next to the dumpster YEARS ago and it was just sitting in a box.

Dumpster PS2 is in better shape than the one I've had since launch :( fuggin roomates beat the hell out of the poor thing.

Anyway, dumpster PS2 runs better than "mine" and ran clock tower just fine, wheras "mine" gives the angry red "insert game" screen.

Unfortunately, the damn thing still requires a "parental code" to play back DVD's. I thought this was an error on "mine".

So the code is 1234 if you ever manage to end up with my salvage PS2.

I might see if I can trade it for an SNES at the one indy game shop I've found. My closet baked my SNES. It's literally brown. I was shocked.

I don't think I'll be picking up the PS2 DVD remote. While the remote is cheap, if you want a remote and dongle set, it's $69.99 which is pretty steep for a one off peripheral.

Plus I have a media remote for the 360.