Author Topic: Coca-Cola Dreamworld.  (Read 1794 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Coca-Cola Dreamworld.
« on: August 27, 2022, 02:47:11 PM »
Mango. It tastes like mangoes.
And it's the gross artificial mango flavor I hate.

I am not winning at drinks discovery lately. I did enjoy the Space Coke, and I missed out on the Marshmellow coke (Which I read tasted like strawberry)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Coca-Cola Dreamworld.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 06:21:37 PM »
Safeway was giving this away last Sat. as their Saturday Sampler.

I read this review of it online.  I was amused, but not inspired to go get one, not even for the price of CRV and beverage tax:

Coke Dreamworld looks just like regular Coke when you pour it over ice. An overwhelming fruit aroma rises up when you crack the can.

But I didn’t detect much, if any, cola flavor in this dreamy new beverage. I puzzled and puzzled over how to describe the flavor. Here’s what I came up with: maybe if you had a party, and you made a huge bowl of fruit punch, and then accidentally dropped a splash of Coke into it, that’s what Dreamworld tastes like.

I can’t identify what fruit is in the drink, but there’s definitely a Carmen Miranda’s hat-inspired tropical fruit edge. I asked my teen daughter to try and nail down the fruit, and her instant response was “yellow Tic Tacs.” I think she has a point, as the taste is more candy-sweet than anything grown in nature. The sweetness does carry a kind of citrus edge to it, so fruit was perhaps adjacently involved.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Coca-Cola Dreamworld.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 04:59:18 AM »
The only fizzy mango drink I'd consider drinking is this.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.