Computer/Technology > Technology

Hieroglyphics

(1/3) > >>

8ullfrog:

The golly does this mean?

Taking a flying golly at a rolling donut, I THINK I accidentally set the phone to target mode and wiped android, but that is literally a wild guess.

"golly an error code" says google, "we'll use cartoons"

6pairsofshoes:
I just tried to find an answer and came up empty.  You have my sympathies.
My best guess is that it wants you to install an app or something, but I'm no gearhead.

8ullfrog:
I think it wants an OS, but I have no idea how to load it.

6pairsofshoes:
I'm not sure, but it seems you can do this via your desktop interface
https://www.reliancedigital.in/solutionbox/how-to-run-a-new-android-os-on-your-dated-android-smartphone/

--- Quote ---You would first need to get an ‘unlock key’ which can be found on the respective manufacturer’s website. Search for your device key by typing in the device name followed by ‘unlocking bootloader’ on Google.
Start by downloading ‘Android Debug Bridge (ADB)’ and ‘Fastboot’ software on your PC (We recommend using a PC to unlock the bootloader). Also download the USB drivers for your specific device from the official website. This is essential in order for your PC to detect your smartphone when connected with the USB cable.
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure if this will work given the nice little disabled tableau you have produced above (blue box w/arrow and brainless droid icon).  But this seems like it's in the right ballpark.  You need to debug or restore a new operating system to the phone.  But I'm a computer moron, so I may just be blathering on.  Maybe one of the more experienced computer people on here has better ideas?

8ullfrog:
That's one of the reasons I dislike android, despite using it every day. It's got the opaque wall of google, and they disable poo at whim.

Holy poo, I did a search on the image and actually got a result (my previous shot was blurry)
http://mobilizedtech.blogspot.com/2012/03/installing-android-40-ics-in-virtualbox.html

I already know that isn't helpful, the spch5001 topped out at 2.35 (froyo) It never made it to ICS.

I also found a website that gives you advice on how to unbrick your android phone. Unfortunately, it's for LG phones, not samsungmaphones.

I didn't even hack the bless'ed thing, I was trying to get into recovery mode because it was boot looping and got this unpleasant poo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version