Computer/Technology > Computer

iPad Qs

(1/3) > >>

6pairsofshoes:
Hi, I am bemoaning updating my iPad mini to the latest 16 operating system because it's ruined iBooks.  Will it be possible for me to reset the iPad and use a prior backup, say, from when I first purchased it in 2015, to restore the prior operating system?  Or will it just wipe out my data and keep iOs 16?  If it's the latter, it hardly seems worth the bother.

Otherwise, maybe I should just go hunting for an alternative ebook reader.  I need to be able to read epub files.  Pure and simple.  I just want to read my books without the hassle of fighting with apple over its "improved ibooks."  Thanks in advance for advice or suggestions.

6pairsofshoes:
Nevermind.  I downloaded Marvin3 which is a good epub reader, but it's not quite as seamless as the old ibooks (I deleted the new version of ibooks, since it now sucks).

This whole business took 3 hours out of my life that I won't get back, but it really makes me wonder what's up with those boneheads in Cupertino.  Maybe they are now supporting a culture of illiteracy and don't give a rat's ass about the reading public.

8ullfrog:
Oh they want you to read. They just want you to pay THEM for the content.

6pairsofshoes:
Probably.  But I'm not playing.  It's stupid, really, given the unlimited free access afforded by numerous library systems.

8ullfrog:
You think that's dumb? They've been wiping people's music libaries and replacing them with random ones.

And we're supposed to trust them with the cloud. Honestly, that U2 Album was a massive bless'ed warning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version