Author Topic: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?  (Read 333344 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?
« Reply #540 on: September 29, 2011, 04:42:46 PM »
Don't you think that that a would be just a little ostentatious?

Only if you wear them as earrings.

I kind of recall Cheetara being a bit dirty about grown up Lion-O, when she first sees him all grow'd up.  I think she said he's well developed or something.  It's a bit wrong though, he still had the mind of a child (unless I'm remembering wrong).  I can't remember if he was meant to be an adolescent at the start, because then it's kinda awesome.

She's all over him like a rash.  In the episode I watched this evening Lion-O  picks her up at the end with his big, muscular arms, and she went all girlified on him.

I'm not entirely sure why he picked her truth be told, it's not as if she's Snarf or one of the Wilys?
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #541 on: September 29, 2011, 04:54:01 PM »
They were in suspended animation but his pod was defective so, while he was still asleep the whole time, his body grew.  So yes, at the beginning, he was a 12-year-old in a man's (or whatever) body.
--dweez

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #542 on: September 29, 2011, 05:02:06 PM »
They were in suspended animation but his pod was defective so, while he was still asleep the whole time, his body grew.  So yes, at the beginning, he was a 12-year-old in a man's (or whatever) body.

I don't think it was defective, it's was just that such and extensive journey would cause them to age to some degree regardless of their pods, and that's why Jagara didn't bother as he'd probably have expired before they reached 3rd Earth.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #543 on: September 29, 2011, 05:47:48 PM »
Nope, his got damaged.  Remember the other kids?  They didn't age any.

--dweez

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #544 on: September 30, 2011, 03:08:14 PM »

That's not what happens as far as Jaga is concerned as he tells them before the journey that "some" aging will occur and is why he sort of commits suicide.  If no aging was to occur, he would have simply got into a capsule too and arrived in the same condition.  But he says to them all that he'd be dead from the aging that happens in the capsule so he is better off just hanging on as long as he can maintaining the ship. He then near the end of his life, spirits himself into the sword.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #545 on: September 30, 2011, 06:53:14 PM »
Maybe, but Lion-o's pod was damage or malfunctioned thus his aging was more drastic.
--dweez

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #546 on: October 01, 2011, 07:58:22 AM »
Maybe, but Lion-o's pod was damage or malfunctioned thus his aging was more drastic.

Yes I watched that back and that is suggested by the narrator.  It doesn't really make any sense though as why wouldn't Jaga just get into a pod rather than say that the aging would see him expire anyhow?  I think it was a square peg in a round hole way of getting Lion-O to be a man rather than the 13 year old boy/cat that he is.  To be frank, as he hasn't developed mentally he should really still be picking his nose and playing with his willy, or at least peeping in on Cheetara taking a shower.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #547 on: October 01, 2011, 12:17:33 PM »
It makes less sense to me that the other kids didn't grow any.  Hehe, I can't believe we've had this discussion this long over a 1985 cartoon.  :D

Can you imagine the stink of his pod when it was opened?  The age he was and a developing body...that's prime for nocturnal emissions.
--dweez

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #548 on: October 02, 2011, 02:17:32 PM »
That's never occurred to me before... Elizabeth Weir and Merlin were in stasis pods for ages, the Stargate teams are obviously very well trained :D

Oh, actually it's possible the Ancients developed their stasis chambers with febreze emitters or something. :-\  Cheaters.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #549 on: October 02, 2011, 03:06:11 PM »
It makes less sense to me that the other kids didn't grow any.  Hehe, I can't believe we've had this discussion this long over a 1985 cartoon.  :D

Can you imagine the stink of his pod when it was opened?  The age he was and a developing body...that's prime for nocturnal emissions.

Yesterday I almost made a screen shot of your conversation and posted it on things that made me laugh today :D

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #550 on: October 04, 2011, 12:42:04 AM »
Rugby World Cup

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #551 on: October 04, 2011, 06:56:57 AM »

Sorry to disappoint Dweezlybub, but I just had 20 minutes so watched the pilot again beyond the battle that damages the ship.  Sure enough there is no damage to Lion-O's capsule and and when Snarf opens it on 3rd earth and Lion-O is wondering how everything got so small, while looking at his own reflection in a pool he remembers Jaga saying "even though the capsule will slow down the aging tremendously, some aging will occur". He nor anyone else questions it and in the second part of the pilot Tygra mentions that Lord Lion-O spent 10 galacto years in the pod where he grew physically not mentally. 

Considering the cartoon foreran the comic books, this is the intended and original storyline.  I have no idea why it's hinted at in wikipedia that his capsule was damaged nor why there are a lot of people that believe it if you google the explanation?.

The complete series is available through usual channels so you can grab the pilot yourself and check.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #552 on: October 04, 2011, 10:09:05 PM »
I didn't read it in wiki or anything, that's just how I always remembered it.  Huh, go figure.
--dweez

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #553 on: October 05, 2011, 02:17:34 AM »
I didn't read it in wiki or anything, that's just how I always remembered it.  Huh, go figure.

I wasn't suggesting you did, but when this convo first started I googled it and found other conversations where people said the same as you and even derided others for not knowing the capsule was damaged.

I think because there is a battle with the mutants in the beginning of the episode and the ship is badly damaged (that Panthro soon after patches up), and the fact that the ship crash lands on 3rd earth and is smashed to smithereens, you assume that things must have not been working right and is why Lion-O grew.

Also at the beginning Jaga says that the "Nobles" have assembled (ie: the other Thundercats), so I can only guess that they are already fully grown and is why they didn't age discernibly.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #554 on: October 06, 2011, 07:24:45 AM »
Can I be the first to say that I don't care if Lion-O's capsule was damaged or not?

You can of course. As for "may".. I'll check the rules.

Yep, apparently you may.