Author Topic: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?  (Read 334033 times)

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
Re: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?
« Reply #1080 on: March 03, 2016, 09:52:35 PM »
I'm trying to like Colony. So far it's been kinda meh. I hope it picks up for the season finally next week.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #1081 on: March 04, 2016, 03:54:21 PM »
I'm trying to like Colony. So far it's been kinda meh. I hope it picks up for the season finally next week.

I've had my eye on that but I Josh Holloway will always be 'Sawyer' to me.
No doubt I will give it a go when the mood takes me, though.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #1082 on: March 05, 2016, 12:24:38 AM »

Josh is the only reason I even watch the show. But I dont see how its gonna make it to a season 2.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1083 on: March 05, 2016, 01:32:21 AM »
Colony keeps stealing lines and plot points from other shows/video games. Remember the six hour war in HL 2?

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #1084 on: March 05, 2016, 06:28:50 AM »
Remember the six hour war in HL 2?

Yup, definitely a rip.

Seven Hour War

The Seven Hour War was a brief, but decisive confrontation between the Combine and the governments of Earth, ultimately leading to a large human death toll and the Combine occupation of the entire planet.

Overview

The war itself is never discussed directly in Half-Life 2, but it is mentioned briefly by Eli Vance in Black Mesa East — looking at a small cork-board featuring several annotated newspaper cutouts and images causes him to reminisce over the events during the war. In Episode Two, Eli states that if the super-portal matures "it'll be the Seven Hour War all over again... except this time we won't last seven minutes!"

After the war ended, the Resistance was formed to combat the new Combine leadership.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1085 on: March 18, 2016, 06:54:19 AM »
Better Call Saul.  Now in its second season.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #1086 on: March 18, 2016, 03:48:43 PM »
We've started to watch Under The Dome and it seems ok.  The jury is still out as we are only up to ep 7 of season one and it has been a little inconsistent up to now. 

It does show some promise, though.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1087 on: March 19, 2016, 12:59:54 AM »
A luther one off for sports relief.
http://bbc.in/1RrJOPp

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1088 on: April 04, 2016, 12:32:32 AM »
Just began watching Carshare as there was nothing else in the queue.  Entertaining in a sweet quiet way.  I'm halfway through the first season already.

I need more shows to watch.  I'm following The 100, Better Call Saul, and waiting for more Game of Thrones.  I think I need to catch up on Curb Your Enthusiasm, as I haven't watched that for a couple of years.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #1089 on: April 04, 2016, 03:34:02 PM »
Just began watching Carshare as there was nothing else in the queue.  Entertaining in a sweet quiet way.  I'm halfway through the first season already.

There won't be a season 2 until we get longer days.  They can only film in the summer as they need natural light, so it's doubtful they'd ever be things like a "Christmas special" and the like.

Personally, I loved that show.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #1090 on: April 05, 2016, 11:34:06 AM »
Better Call Saul.  Now in its second season.

In the first 2 episodes of the 2nd season, there are (at least) 3 Breaking Bad Easter eggs. I only got one of them while watching them: the tequila.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/144914-breaking-bad-easter-eggs-in-better-call-saul-season-2-prove-the-show-is-once-again

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1091 on: May 01, 2016, 07:58:04 AM »
peaky blinders season 3
starts soon Huzzah cannot wait

Offline PsPBuRnOuT

• Cro-Magnon
  • For My Joanne Always & Forever In Our Hearts xx
« Reply #1092 on: May 28, 2016, 03:45:50 PM »
I don't watch t.v. but do watch NCIS on line :)
Plus have all the DVD's to :D

For Mum R.I.P.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #1093 on: May 29, 2016, 05:52:57 AM »
I just finished Fear The Walking Dead season 2 and thought it a tad weak.  Nonetheless, I enjoyed it and can't wait for season 3 that'll have 16 episodes as opposed to 6 in the first and 7 in the second.

It should be said that it doesn't compare to The Walking Dead by any stretch of the imagination, but it does have more of a "soap" feel to it that can keep you engaged.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1094 on: May 31, 2016, 01:30:52 AM »
They wrote off dinozzo in NCIS, and honestly, he was the only reason I was still watching. Cote de pablo essentially drove a stake through the heart of the show, and bishop just seemed like she escaped from one of the spinoffs.

They gave ms. De Pablo a pretty hard golly off too, killing her offscreen a good two years after she left the show.

They didn't really need to kill her, or pay for a cameo, it was established in several episodes that they converse by IM to keep things under the radar. I know the actor who plays Ducky,  David Mccallum had some bad blood against her.

A couple times it was hinted that Dinozzo was part of an ONI project, like the killer who took out franks, I thought a good way for him to exit would be a faked death and then an induction, like he's got a bag on his head, the bag is removed, and then a previously thought dead character says "welcome aboard" cut to black. Like the end of the movie basic.

I just downloaded the amc app because the amc website won't stream to an android browser and watched the pilot for preacher. That was a ride. I thought some of the fights in the bourne films were claustrophobic, this show now takes the crown.

I'm not familiar with the source material, but I think the show did a good job of showing without telling, without leaving you lost like the new star wars film did with that snoke politician and the first order, or Ben Solo being an emo douchebag.

Back to the show, I don't want to spoil anything, but the show feels right. It's slow when it needs to be, fast when it needs to be, and surprises don't feel cheap.

Oh, and Tom Cruise explodes to death in a church of scientology ceremony.