Computer/Technology > Technology

Hieroglyphics

<< < (3/3)

8ullfrog:
Samsung Fascinate. It's the Verizon version of the initial galaxy S.

I found a video where the guy had the same problem as me, but he was on an SII mini.

I actually bought a second one on ebay, and that one can't connect to PC. It loads its own driver software, but then attempts to install VMM, the verizon music manager.

Problem is, it tries to download VMM from Verizon.com.

Verizon nuked VMM in 2012 in favor of their own cloud cowpoo.

I used VMM a couple times on my thunderbolt when it was a current phone, it was like a shitty, clunky itunes.

Here's the video:

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRaWUyhUjXg

6pairsofshoes:
I've yet to find someone with a solution that doesn't involve Odin.

Here's one forum where webworkings suggests a simple fix, but I would wager you've tried this (Hard Reset) and are far beyond this.  https://forums.tomsguide.com/threads/how-do-i-restore-the-operating-system-on-my-samsung-galaxy-s-tablet-gt-p5113.136421/

8ullfrog:
Yeah, I'm a pretty old hand at factory resets. Any time I have to return or trade in an electronic, it gets the full lobotomy.

From what budget build says, the phone has alzheimers and can no longer see its OS, which was 2.35

From what I'm reading, 2.35 wasn't even supported on the Fascinate, so I dunno WTF there.

The ebay replacement unit is running 2.2, which is supported. But I can't clone it because 10 just sees it as a CD-rom drive.

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to just write the first unit off as bricked unless I get really bored and decide to learn android fudging.

Granted, back in the day I was pretty heavy into PSP (PlayStation Portable) fudging, and I had no business doing that. I ran so many random executables with that thing, it's a damn good thing I never had an online account tied to the things.

Another possibility I hadn't considered is that I might have baked it. There has been a heatwave recently, and my closet is on an exterior wall. The phone and my dead acer laptop were right up against that wall. I have made a mistake.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version