Author Topic: Photoshop Tennis Round 1  (Read 42723 times)

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
Re: Photoshop Tennis Round 1
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2009, 04:21:44 PM »
You're right, that should probably be changed at least to 'as long as it retains most of the picture from the previous post', or something...

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2009, 04:34:15 PM »
You know what Jack, I had fixed his foot shortly after I posted but you must have snatched it before I had changed the image path.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline AlienBC

• Chief Sig Designer
  • Cro-Magnon
  • VIA
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2009, 04:45:32 PM »
Got to admit, can't get my head around that?  If the new image can discard the input from the previous editor, what is the point of doing the work?

Its just the way Photoshop Tennis as always been played. It first came into being to help teach and encouage people to use photoshop and develop there skills. Hope that answers your question it would be a shame to see it change format. You don't have to change most of the picture but the option is there if you feel the need.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2009, 04:53:27 PM »
Its just the way Photoshop Tennis as always been played. It first came into being to help teach and encouage people to use photoshop and develop there skills. Hope that answers your question it would be a shame to see it change format. You don't have to change most of the picture but the option is there if you feel the need.

I see. So it is not really about your creative skill with photoshop, it is more a game of make a change and bat it back as soon as possible?

Offline frankcapri

• Human
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2009, 04:58:30 PM »
^That's the impression I've always gotten  :-\
Size, it doesn't matter to me so long as I get it...Gotta go now.

Offline AlienBC

• Chief Sig Designer
  • Cro-Magnon
  • VIA
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »
I see. So it is not really about your creative skill with photoshop, it is more a game of make a change and bat it back as soon as possible?

Yes it is about your creative skills and nothing to do with time as such.
It first came into being to help teach and encouage people to use photoshop and develop there skills.

That should have read blah blah encourage people to use photoshop TO develop there skills.

Sorry about that ;)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2009, 05:07:47 PM »
^That's the impression I've always gotten  :-\

I only ask as I even got the lighting right on spidey, and I even considered setting up a quick 3D environment based on the original room to composite a serpent or dragon with shadow and proper lighting effects.  That wouldn't be worthwhile if the work was lost later down the line.  I might start my own "reverse" game, whereby you start with a blank canvas and each artist contributes something to create a final piece of art that can be saved.  I would give some PS time to that.

Offline AlienBC

• Chief Sig Designer
  • Cro-Magnon
  • VIA
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2009, 05:11:34 PM »
that sounds like a good idea i'm in.   but a tad busy this will jump in later on next week.  What I like doing with this tennis when time permits is turn it into a video that's something we can keep.

Anyhow later guys bed beckons ;)

edit: what we should do with this game is have a theme each round so it has some form of structure.   
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 05:14:17 PM by AlienBC »

Offline cz85b

• Neandertal
  • I am going to get the GARBAGE OFF OF MY LAWN!!!
    • The Knowledge
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2009, 05:17:30 PM »
Bear in mind that EVERY incarnation is used in the videos at the end... 

If you take a look, particularly at the video from round 4 that we played on demonoid and is in the OP, you will notice that we changed all sorts of things but we used the video to show how it all morphed from one to the next to the next... etc...

I absolutely LOVE playing with this, because It actually FORCES me to become familiar with photo shop and others...

Incidentally,  if you go to youtube and run a search for "you suck at photoshop"  this goof made these videos and they are really eye opening regarding what is possible with these programs!!  Check it out, some of them are also amusing to watch...

Ciao, CZ

Biddy is THE Dog!

Offline AlienBC

• Chief Sig Designer
  • Cro-Magnon
  • VIA
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2009, 05:19:58 PM »

If you take a look, particularly at the video from round 4 that we played on demonoid and is in the OP, you will notice that we changed all sorts of things but we used the video to show how it all morphed from one to the next to the next... etc...

I absolutely LOVE playing with this, because It actually FORCES me to become familiar with photo shop and others...

Incidentally,  if you go to youtube and run a search for "you suck at photoshop"  this goof made these videos and they are really eye opening regarding what is possible with these programs!!  Check it out, some of them are also amusing to watch...

Ciao, CZ

You mean down right hilarious ;)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2009, 05:27:35 PM »

I had considered that and I noticed that in the demo video that there is a character composited, and whoever did it seemed to go to the trouble of creating the correct shadow cast too. However, I strained to see it at the resolution and had to not blink while it was there.

I'm not saying that this isn't a good game and good practice for some creative ideas, but your time is surrendered to the game, rather than the final product.

Offline frankcapri

• Human
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2009, 05:30:52 PM »
Maybe somebody could make a .gif of all the images in a round instead ;D

I only ask as I even got the lighting right on spidey, and I even considered setting up a quick 3D environment based on the original room to composite a serpent or dragon with shadow and proper lighting effects.  That wouldn't be worthwhile if the work was lost later down the line.  I might start my own "reverse" game, whereby you start with a blank canvas and each artist contributes something to create a final piece of art that can be saved.  I would give some PS time to that.

Very cool idea  :)

edit: what we should do with this game is have a theme each round so it has some form of structure.   

Also a good idea  :)

Size, it doesn't matter to me so long as I get it...Gotta go now.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2009, 05:39:45 PM »
WOW!! Frank, you out did yourself. Excellent

Offline AlienBC

• Chief Sig Designer
  • Cro-Magnon
  • VIA
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2009, 06:30:52 PM »
Now who do you think the guy on the bike is?????

Offline cz85b

• Neandertal
  • I am going to get the GARBAGE OFF OF MY LAWN!!!
    • The Knowledge
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2009, 10:34:40 PM »
LOL  PLEASE SHOOT ME when I look like that!

LMAO!!

Biddy is THE Dog!