Author Topic: Guitar Hero  (Read 3476 times)

Offline davidsolomon83

• Neandertal
  • Le Grand Bleu
Guitar Hero
« on: April 16, 2009, 01:42:51 PM »
So it seems that this game "Guitar Hero" is quite popular or should I say hip with the young people these days.

The other day I visited my cousin, he had Guitar Hero 3 for PC, since I havent had a contact with any Guitar Hero game,

I thought I did very well, hit almost 99 % of the notes, However my cousin who is 15 years wasnt

impressed at all,  :-\ , it was then I realized I had been playing it on the easy setting.

So I want to know if you guys have played it, and seriously

What is the difficulty setting that you use and have you achieved 90% or more with the medium or

hard settings ?

To make it more objectively accurate, lets say we are talking about the 3rd version, i.e. Guitar Hero 3 for PC, so that

means I'm talking about a keyboard, but I dont know if having that guitar pad type of thing gives you an advantage

or not?

========================================================================================

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
Re: Guitar Hero
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »
I've played Guitar Hero II, but never on any of the harder settings. I can get fairly good scores on easy, but even some of those are difficult to me largely because of the addition of that blasted orange key which I can't hit properly for the life of me...

I think it's a relatively enjoyable diversion, but I think I'd get frustrated with the harder levels because I don't understand the instructions they give for things hammer-on, and such...

Not to mention on the harder levels the flurry of keys you have to press while 'strumming' the guitar can become overwhelming pretty quickly.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 05:01:11 PM »
My bro and I have played a little Rock Band while I've been visiting.  I only play it on Medium normally but am pretty decent at guitar and drums.
--dweez

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 09:44:58 PM »
My bro and I have played a little Rock Band while I've been visiting.  I only play it on Medium normally but am pretty decent at guitar and drums.

I've been tempted to buy Rock Band.. But, I super stink at Guitar Hero, so I haven't rushed out to get either ::)

Offline CMF

• V.I.P
  • Homo Superior
  • Intelligence is relative.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 03:10:05 PM »
I play Rock Band Unplugged on PSP sometimes. It is pretty fun. I play it on Medium and had 100% only once (ABC by Jackson Five)

Offline indie180

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 03:14:42 PM »
My son has GHII on the PS2 only had a couple of turns on it.

My niece had a GH on the DS, I sucked at that. I think my hands were to big.  :-\ or I just suck at it.  :D

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 05:29:03 PM »
I rently played Guitar Hero: World Tour just long enough to unlock the TOOL gig so I ould play those songs.

However, I am absolute crap on anything above EASY...

Granted, I don't own any of the games, so I probably would just need to practice more than I care to...  :D

Offline davidsolomon83

• Neandertal
  • Le Grand Bleu
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 05:48:33 PM »
Hmm, due to my recent "Un-avoidable" visits to my cousin's, I had a practice of Guitar Hero III, so, I eventually finished the whole damn thing in Medium difficulty, at 1st, its tough, but with time it becomes achievable, 98/99 % is easy, but a full 100% is darn mind boggling  :-\ just one mistake, one damn note and its <100 %