Author Topic: Pixar Love  (Read 62716 times)

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
Re: Pixar Love
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2009, 05:01:29 PM »
So I went to see the 3-D versions of Toy Story & Toy Story 2 and honestly, Pixar did a great job retro-fitting those flicks for 3-D.

The 3-D really enhances some parts of each film, and there are spots where you forget that you're just watching a 3-D image and not actual objects.  :D

The sequence at the end of TS2 where they rescue Jessie from the cargo hold of the plane is fantastic and looks even more than it did like little dolls jumping around on a big ol' airplane.

But a very cool thing was since this was intended to be a double feature by Pizar, they added a bunch of trivia and behind the scenes stuff to show on screen during the intermission. Several voices appear including John Ratzenberger and Wallace Shawn, who will shout incorrect answers and make commentary when the answers are finally displayed.

Also they showed an early test for Toy Story that involved Woody as a ventriloquist's dummy and Buzz is instead 'Tempus from Mars'. Disney apparently balked at this version initially because 'the cowboy is a jerk."  :D So the characters got a redesign...

Here's a thing from The Pixar Story that eventually has the scene shown in the TS/TS2 3D intermission. It's the scene where Woody traps Tempus/Buzz behind the dresser so Andy can't find him.:

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 05:07:56 PM by JackFrost »

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2009, 05:19:32 PM »
Seems you had a good time.  :)

I don't know if I got attached to the characters in TS but I like much better the ones in the movie.

My mum bought my daughter Up (Some shitty quality movie I don't know where she bought it but anyway...). So we sat down and started seeing it and when the house begins to break and explodes with the balloons she started crying like crazy and she told me she was scared and that was it.  ::) ;D
I'll have to wait she's not around to see it.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2009, 12:25:18 AM »
Disney was nice enough not to encode the disc so it wouldn't play on my computer, so I managed to find the Easter eggs in...

Needless to say, this is a fairly recent flick, so if you haven't seen it, there are going to be SPOILERS in here, so be warned. I have no idea if these are ALL of the eggs, but they're the ones I was able to find myself, and with the help of a couple of websites.

Here we have the prestigious 'Ellie Badge' which Ellie originally gives to Carl when they meet:

And Carl bestows on Russell for "service above and beyond the call of duty":

And as it turns out is the bottle cap for the same Grape Soda that appears in the Buzz Lightyear doll ad that Buzz sees in Sid's house in Toy Story. Naturally, the design from Up is clearly an earlier version of the logo:

And while it's charming that they buy and fix up the house where they met, did they really need to start immediately after the wedding? Without removing their wedding gear? :D:

When Carl goes to buy tickets for Paradise Falls for him and Ellie, the bathing beauty from the Knick Knack short is on the cover of the brochure on the counter:

It seems as if Carl picks up his prescriptions from Luxo Drugs:

When I saw this in the theatre, I distinctly remember the construction equipment bearing BnL logos, the same BnL from WALL●E, but they aren't there on the DVD:

I've found other people who remember the BnL logos, too, but no one has proof... :-\ I also have no idea why they'd change it.

The courtroom outside which Carl awaits his fate for clocking the construction worker with his cane is A113:

And here in this little girl's room are the Luxo ball, a picture that seems to show Kevin and Dug from later in the flick, and a pink bear that's supposed to be a major new character in Toy Story 3:

And that dog (presumably Epsilon) holds up a menu for Gusteau's from Ratatouille, and Muntz tells him, "Surprise me.", which is what Anton Ego says to Remy and Linguini:

I'll bet they couldn't resist throwing in the dogs playing poker. :D It looks like Gamma's cleaning house:

And, of course the 52 production babies:

There are definitely SPOILERS in this next section. These aren't Easter eggs but a little commentary from me on some of the very realistic expressions Pixar was able to place on these characters.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2009, 09:32:54 AM »
I've just seen part of it but I had noticed luxo ball.  ;D

Seeing Muntz striking that door with the rifle makes me think he can steal a role from Mr. Eastwood.  ;D

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2009, 08:46:50 AM »
Just saw Up so I could finally come back to this thread.  Here's a link to another forum with Up EE's as well.

http://pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3977
--dweez

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2009, 08:48:06 AM »
I have The Incredibles if that counts.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »
Just saw Up so I could finally come back to this thread.  Here's a link to another forum with Up EE's as well.

http://pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3977

Yeah, I checked that thread and they hadn't come up with anything that I hadn't found already, but I check back in case they do. But sometimes those guys get a little zealous and find questionable 'eggs'...

I have The Incredibles if that counts.

Of course it does!

You are our winner!

And here's the coupon redeemable for your free Internet!

Enjoy!

;) :D :P

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2009, 03:53:31 PM »
Smarty pants lmao
I keep my standards low.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2009, 11:12:41 PM »
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:56:31 AM by JackFrost »

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2009, 08:12:15 AM »
Pixar needs to do a picture on the life and times of one of my all time heroes,,, George Carlin.
I keep my standards low.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2009, 09:15:56 AM »
Pixar needs to do a picture on the life and times of one of my all time heroes,,, George Carlin.

Sadly, I think the closest you're going to get is Carlin doing the voice of Fillmore in Cars:

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2009, 03:02:12 PM »
Yeah,, dash my hopes and dreams to the ground
I keep my standards low.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2009, 07:52:41 AM »
Pixar shorts were on tv last night. I was busy, so I just got to see here and there pieces. I wished I'd had a chance and just sat down and watched them straight through.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2009, 09:48:32 AM »
Pixar shorts were on tv last night. I was busy, so I just got to see here and there pieces. I wished I'd had a chance and just sat down and watched them straight through.

I know they made a DVD with just the shorts on it, so you could try and find that - too bad Demonoid is still down...

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2009, 09:56:15 PM »
true dat