Author Topic: Marvel Question????  (Read 5168 times)

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
Marvel Question????
« on: September 08, 2009, 05:37:27 PM »
Can someone explain the Tim Gunn thing to me... is just an attempt to be kitsch and cute? does it have an angle?

*wonders if Fi is reading this*  :D

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
Re: Marvel Question????
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
Can someone explain the Tim Gunn thing to me... is just an attempt to be kitsch and cute? does it have an angle?

Besides getting TV publicity for Marvel?

Gunn quote: "I really am beside myself. I become a superhero, which is really incredible. I?m not a fist-fighter, I?m more of a biter and hair-puller."

Can't wait...

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 02:23:17 PM »
Marvel is reimagining/relaunching a character from the 40s and 50s named Millie the Model and updating it for today, so naturally, Tim Gunn would be a part of that. The new title will be called Models, Inc. and the story line featuring Tim Gunn is called "Loaded Gunn".

According to the interview he gave on The Daily Show, he actually ends up in the Iron Man armor at some point.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 05:21:20 PM »
Marvel is reimagining/relaunching a character from the 40s and 50s named Millie the Model and updating it for today, so naturally, Tim Gunn would be a part of that. The new title will be called Models, Inc. and the story line featuring Tim Gunn is called "Loaded Gunn".

According to the interview he gave on The Daily Show, he actually ends up in the Iron Man armor at some point.

Is it a cool and valid idea?.. or just goofy? ..it seems like it's forced to a certain market.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 09:36:47 AM »
I liked Tony Stark or Roady as Iron Man

Models Inc. sounds like something for a forced market
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.