Author Topic: what will you be doing tonight  (Read 224966 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: what will you be doing tonight
« Reply #1380 on: April 25, 2019, 12:17:56 PM »
1)  Do you live somewhere that has unsafe municipal drinking water?  Out here, we are lucky in that our supply wins awards for its quality.  I used to buy lots of bottled water, and then I decided to just refrigerate tap water and it's fine.  If you are not in Flint (if you are then they should be delivering water to YOU instead of you having to go buy it).  You might check here:  https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/

2)  Do they actually do a hygiene check before allowing you to shop where you live?  Also, do they have delivery services?  With the injury to your hand, lifting heavy objects is maybe not a great idea.  If you order enough water, the delivery may be free.

At any rate, if you have to drink only bottled water for lack of decent tap water, you have my sympathies.

I'll be doing homework.  More and more homework.  I took too many classes this semester and I'm so tired.  I'll be glad for a break.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #1381 on: April 25, 2019, 12:33:04 PM »
Well, perhaps I am guilty of paranoia on both counts. Anyway, here is the report for my area.

Six, what are you taking classes for? If it's a secret, shoot me a PM.

Oh yeah, as for the weight of the water; I just muscle it with my right arm (into basket then into truck). When I get home, I grab my fold out dolly and wheel into my abode.  ;D :P

Smartie pants dance:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 03:16:04 PM by Schmoogsley »

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #1382 on: April 26, 2019, 01:50:04 AM »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1383 on: May 21, 2019, 06:39:20 PM »
Studying for a final.  Two courses down, two left to go.  I am looking forward to Sunday when I won't have to do poo.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1384 on: May 23, 2019, 12:00:52 AM »
doing a 8 hour shift but only having about 20 mins work,  4 months of no work  ???

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #1385 on: May 29, 2019, 04:52:04 PM »
I will be enjoying a London Broil cut I have marinating in the fridge at the moment. Thank God I have a birthday party to go to this Sunday. I'm climbing the walls here. 

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1386 on: June 02, 2019, 01:01:52 AM »
after a bottle of red wine, watch a movie,  about it

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #1387 on: December 07, 2019, 03:12:17 PM »
Turns out I'm having a bit of a Catherine Tate binge.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #1388 on: December 17, 2019, 06:49:10 PM »
Sleeping like a baby

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1389 on: December 19, 2019, 12:52:07 AM »
Waking up every hour screaming for food/ changing?
shame on you.

Last late shift till next year.
The joy of sales in an engineering factory.
I can see why Boeing are being investigated (profits over quality)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1390 on: December 19, 2019, 02:00:01 AM »
Trying to get to sleep.  Long flight home and sense of time is pretty screwed up.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1391 on: December 19, 2019, 04:26:52 PM »
Huh, guess you really knocked my whining about the bus in perspective.

GER to SFO would likely be no picnic.

I've missed your less fawning insights into the SGC. I'm on 9 now, and it's a bit of a bitter pill. I like the new guy, but the storyline is not fun.

Moms off a-wandering, so I'll have to hocus pocus dinner. I wanted to get a pizza but will probably settle for JackBox.

Had to get a $16 roaming charge knocked off the phone bill, they thought she was in Mexico. Nope, still in IB. Screw MX signal interference.

Specifically, they blast the poo out of radio frequencies, like pirate radio stations, so the phone falsely reports that it is in Mexico.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1392 on: December 19, 2019, 10:01:19 PM »
I went to bed at normal time and woke up all amped and ready to do stuff at 4:30 a.m.  I ploughed though the day until 2 pm when I went back to sleep.  Got up at 3:30 only to crash again at 5.  Woke up at 6:30 & made dinner.

I got a reasonable amount of stuff done today, but there's quite a pile in front of me.  I keep plugging away.  I'm glad to see you posting on here.

I took my exam, went to Germany and now am back, pretty exhausted.  I didn't buy much:  some fun refrigerator magnets, a bunch of expensive chocolate and tea.  The roaming charges for text messages (that I'd foolishly thought I'd been sending through WiFi got to $100 in less than a week until my husband figured out that I needed to add to the plan and they back dated it to make it only $70.  Christ on a crutch.  Telecommunications companies are modern vampires.  At that point, I switched to wifi email only.

I have more stuff to do.  I think I'll cut little circles out of adhesive shelf paper.  That's something I need to do by tomorow.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1393 on: December 20, 2019, 08:30:04 AM »
family get together

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1394 on: December 20, 2019, 06:44:38 PM »
I had to get a $16 "roaming charge" removed from mom's bill, she never left the US, but Verizon decided she did.

The cell phone companies want to go back to the old days where they could charge whatever they liked and didn't have to justify it. Overnight minutes, 10 cents a text, they'd LOVE to have that crap back.

Text messages never cost them anything, it was a scam.

It's like a pyramid scheme, but if you want to have a cell phone, you have to live with one of them. I hate it so much.