Author Topic: I just got a Wii :)  (Read 26520 times)

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
Re: I just got a Wii :)
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2013, 12:18:39 PM »
Check out the Metroid Prime: Trilogy.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was the game that got my gal into gaming. She got so excited she smacked me in the head with the Wii-mote while swinging her sword. Wish I had video, she was a riot.

Resident Evil 4 was the best game I played on the Wii.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:22:46 PM by brickbatz »

Offline SACPOP

• Human
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »
just picked up a Wii Mini, which i think they only produced in Canada, no wifi or backword compatable, and can't be modded, but the refurb was only $45 (new is $99). got Big League Sports Summer. and Super Mario Bros. Galaxy, planning ahead for Winter  ;D

I really love my Wii. Mine is heavily modded, but just the basic system is quite fun by itself. A lot of people put it down for having gimmicky controls or complain about the SD graphics, but the games are fun and that's all that matters to me.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2013, 02:16:22 PM »
The residents at the assisted living facility my gal works at have Wii bowling tournaments.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2013, 03:36:58 PM »
The residents at the assisted living facility my gal works at have Wii bowling tournaments.

That's fantastic. People of all ages like Wii sports. My daughter and my husband play "Olympics" every once in a while.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2013, 09:03:56 PM »
I threw out my shoulder and elbow Wii boxing. ;D

Offline townie2

• Neandertal
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »
;D
if it ever starts to ache or bother you, you can tell people it's an old boxing injury  ;D
that's the main reason i got it, some of the games look fun, like bowling, boxing, darts, golf, etc., oh, and Mario Brothers.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2013, 09:43:08 PM »
I got mine for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Amazon CDN$ 22.58) but mostly played Resident Evil 4 (~40 playthroughs on Pro Difficulty)(Amazon CDN$ 9.99). I suck at bowling and basically all the sports games. The only sports game I was/am any good at is Kinect ping pong on the Xbox. Shooters are my preference.

I think I paid $49.99 for Metroid Prime Trilogy in a metal case. Now GameStop wants $69.99 for it used in regular cases. Great games though.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2013, 10:51:20 PM »
and Mario Brothers.

My daughter plays Mario Kart. Annoying music.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2013, 11:25:49 PM »
Gamestop loves false inflation.

Then again, everyone is getting in on the game. I was going to pick up copies of Resident Evil 2 and 3 for either psx or PC, but they're in the $300 range on amazon, and I had enough of a headache getting the first game on ebay. (Seller was British, wanted GBP, then after paypal calculated it, wanted more money.)

He didn't get more money, and ebay made him ship the game, but it was quite the stupid hassle.

Nintendo has discontinued the weather channel and news channel on the original Wii.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2013, 05:47:45 AM »
Looks like Microsoft flip flopped on some of their policies.

From an email they sent me...

Offline townie2

• Neandertal
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »
My daughter plays Mario Kart. Annoying music.
i've only played Super Mario Bros. on original Nintendo back in the day, but loved it, so i just got Super Mario Galaxy, which supposed to be closest thing to it.