Author Topic: I just got a Wii :)  (Read 26511 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
I just got a Wii :)
« on: October 04, 2009, 06:30:28 AM »
it was $199 @ target and it came with sports game. I like it so far I did pretty good at bowling and  tennis was sort of hard as I lost a couple of matches. I played the golf which was even harder then then the tennis but I did really well with the boxing.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:37:30 AM by mishca09 »

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
Re: I just got a Wii :)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 06:31:56 AM »
Nice mishca.  Is it as much fun as it's being hyped to be?

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 06:40:50 AM »
So far it is but it will probably wear off soon.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 06:55:20 AM »
Congrats! :)

So far it is but it will probably wear off soon.

It's never worn off for me. Some games are just more intuitive feeling with the Wii controllers..so I like playing those game a lot. It would be hard for me to back track to an older Nintendo format.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 07:04:04 AM »
what games do you have ?

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 07:19:33 AM »
what games do you have ?

I play boring games compared to most people :P And I haven't invested as much money in games that I'd like to if money was endless. This weekend I played mostly Animal Crossing, and Wii Ski. I'll write out a list later.

Offline hmed2390

• Human
  • Oh boy what a big mess, even Mickey's on acid!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 10:21:09 AM »
Congrats.  :) I actually want a wii. I pretty much grew out of video games for the most part, but the one time I played wii tennis with my friend's son, I got hooked.  ;D
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. -Mark Twain

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 11:13:49 AM »
you should get one. Toy R Us has the Wii on sale and you get the wii fit board.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 12:54:07 PM »
I have a Wii and the excitement has faded a bit but only because I'm too cheap to actually go buy new games.  I've had the information to soft mod it for over a year now but just haven't bothered to do so.  I know if I did, I'd still be enjoying it as much as the first day.

One thing I hate is that games that are cross platform (such as The Force Unleashed) get "dumbed down" for the Wii as it doesn't having anywhere near the processing power of the PS3 and Xbox360 (my roommate had a PS3 so we were both playing The Force Unleashed on our respective consoles over the same time period so the difference were glaring).
--dweez

Offline hmed2390

• Human
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »
you should get one. Toy R Us has the Wii on sale and you get the wii fit board.

Thanks, I'll look into it.  :)

I have a Wii and the excitement has faded a bit but only because I'm too cheap to actually go buy new games.  I've had the information to soft mod it for over a year now but just haven't bothered to do so.  I know if I did, I'd still be enjoying it as much as the first day.

One thing I hate is that games that are cross platform (such as The Force Unleashed) get "dumbed down" for the Wii as it doesn't having anywhere near the processing power of the PS3 and Xbox360 (my roommate had a PS3 so we were both playing The Force Unleashed on our respective consoles over the same time period so the difference were glaring).

You should soft mod it. Aside from wii games, apparently, you have all the previous Nintendo consoles as emulators at your disposal if I'm not mistaken. Also one of the reasons I want one.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 05:10:30 PM »
I want to play MadWorld.  There was a song about it on Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe (WATCH IT!) and it looked really cool.  It reminded me of ZPC, but with less colour.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 12:34:42 PM »

^ I don't suppose you spend time making all kinds of bizarre Mii's.. then die laughing when you get to see which random ones get chosen to play baseball against each other :D

The Wii definitely can't compete against most platforms. Hard core gamers should defintiely have one or all of the others. Wii is fun for goofing off with other people and being silly. ..things like playing Boogie and posing for pictures with the Yeti in Wii Ski ;D And it was a good step up platform for some of the already established Nintendo games. But I don't know anyone that plays things like first person shooters on it.

It has it's appeal. But, it can't replace other systems.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 03:25:58 AM »
wii fit is great  ;D
some of the balance games are great when you have had a drink

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 06:32:37 AM »
^ That's super funny. It's another incentive for me to save money and buy one :D

I really really want a balance board for Wii Ski anyway. And for any future snowboard games I might buy.

The next games I'd like to get are Endless Ocean and The Sports Resorts game.. because.. I think it has archery on it. I need to get on a site and see what's new. I was thinking about Wii Music but I don't know anyone who owns it.

The big game I'm waiting for is the newest Harvest Moon game due out in November. Besides having the normal people to marry, you can now marry Wizard (who is especially cute and sweet), or the Harvest God (who is uber sexy). And if you play as a guy, they have a new character Witch, she's really funny and sexy.

Offline hmed2390

• Human
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 06:21:34 PM »
things like playing Boogie

;D

yeah, i so want a wii now.  :D

The big game I'm waiting for is the newest Harvest Moon game due out in November.

WTF? November? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  :D :D :D

;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:24:05 PM by hmed2390 »