Author Topic: Put a name to this film  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Diabolico

• Neandertal
Put a name to this film
« on: October 05, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »
It was about this old town. Near the start of the film, there is this rich guy driving a sports car, whilst he and two woman snorted coke. A police car pulled them over, the case was taken to court straight away. The Judge looked very old, the defendants were falling over laughing, especially when the Judges nose fell off. I think the defendants got executed, there was this trap door they were standing on.

There was this other group of people, they set off to go on some trip; the car is a BMW, they keep referring to the car as beamer. The driver takes a short cut, there is a GPS system in the car, a blank appears on the GPS system.

They don't stop, at a stop sign. The same police car gets them to pull over, case goes straight to court, same residing Judge. The judge passes a harsh judgement, the Police officer thinks the defendants in this case didn't do anything overly wrong.

Some years prior to the story, there was this underground mine, something happened and a underground coal fire started. Because of that, the Judge hated any outsiders.

There was this scene of this room, I think was in the attic, all these drivers licences were on the wall. One of the characters finds Jimmy Hoffas' drivers licence.

Was sure the Police officer was John Candy. Thanks in advance.
Quote from: Brian Moore
Despite the tons of examples and docs, mod_rewrite is voodoo. Damned cool voodoo, but still voodoo.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Re: Put a name to this film
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 08:32:16 AM »
Didn't see anything obvious in IMDB regarding John Candy.  This movie sounds familiar.  I want to say it has something like "Mansion" in the name.
--dweez

Offline Diabolico

• Neandertal
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 11:36:31 AM »
That's it (Nothing But Trouble (1991)); thanks, Costalca.
Quote from: Brian Moore
Despite the tons of examples and docs, mod_rewrite is voodoo. Damned cool voodoo, but still voodoo.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 12:12:43 PM »
That judge character was funny (crazy funny). I'd like to see it again.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 01:13:57 PM »
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.
--dweez