Author Topic: X Factor consiracy: Fact or Fiction?  (Read 12600 times)

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
Re: X Factor consiracy: Fact or Fiction?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 05:05:01 AM »
Did you agree with Simon Cowell's shock decision?
Mon Nov 09 09:45AM by TV Editor

Was 8.50pm last night the moment that The X Factor stopped being a talent show?

In what was possibly the show's biggest upset ever, Simon Cowell decided against saving Lucie Jones and forced the vote to dead lock. This saw the decision revert to the earlier public vote in which John and Edward had received more support than their rival, keeping the controversial duo in the show.

Lucie's exit followed a flawless version of Whitney Houston's One Moment In Time in the sing-off, while John and Edward performed a cover of Robbie Williams' Rock DJ which sounded like something you'd hear at closing time at the local karaoke bar. In fairness to the boys, it was their best vocal performance to date - though that's not saying much.

Simon Cowell defended his decision by saying that he felt neither act could go on to win the show but that John and Edward was the act he would most like to see again. He also said that the public should have picked up the phone and voted for Lucie if they wanted her to stay in the show.

Arguably The X Factor has always been more about the entertainment factor rather than being a true search for the next music superstar. However, we can't forget that this is the same show that discovered Leona Lewis as well as the likes of last year's winner Alexandra Burke.

John and Edward are the most talked about act on this year's show and the live shows would be much duller without them in it. But do they really deserve to stay in the show at the expense of talented vocalists?

Also, Simon's decision to take the vote to dead lock over the past couple of weeks has seen two of the show's most talented singers - Rachel and Lucie - leave the competition. Their departure comes while all three of his acts remain safe - is he using these tactics to help his own acts win?

Do you think last night's decision has damaged The X Factor's remaining credibility? Is Simon Cowell right that the public are to blame for Lucie's exit because they failed to vote for her? Are you glad John and Edward will be performing again next week or maybe you will be boycotting the show? Let us know what you think about it...

What do I think?
Well, personaly, id hate to see music here in Europe go the way it has gone in America ( style over substance) sooooo....

Sorry Landslide,,im boycotting the show.
I refuse to see two no tallent hucksters keep making it, and Louis Walsh getting a hard on when his two litle boys come out on stage is getting bad enough without Simon wimping out.
What would have happened if the British wimped out during WW2?
 I guess if Simon were in control, hed have let the Nazis decide if they wanted to invade or not.
Simon is a wimp. Tallent show? More like a No SHOW!
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline Geemonster

• Banned for all eternity
  • Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 07:38:54 AM »
Most of the music i play these days with the exception of TOOL is old.
  I can't stand formulaic cowpoo audio or video.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 07:58:18 AM »
Yeah,, most of what I lisen to is old or very obscure ,,well, obscure in America that is.
I keep my standards low.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 02:22:39 PM »
RG i totally agree. its a boycott for me.
after saying that he'd each act on the last performance he chickened out.hypocrite.
he kept the worst group in so his people wouldn't lose.

probably find that he has 2 acts in the bottom 2 next week

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »
Im boycotting it,,its a scam anyway,,just like the sister show in America called American Idol.
He did the same thing there and its pretty much gone down hill.
 Its a shame that a tallent show wont recognize tallent.
 Louis Walsh gets an erection everytme his two "boys" come out. Ive seen his reaction and its like a 12 year old seeing his first pair of boobs.
 After what they did to the Queen song, We Will Rock You, Im hoping they go home in shame, disapear into virtual obscurty, and end up lonely and forgotten, in a soiled bathroom, at a bus stop on the bad side of Detroit while being mugged by a midget .
I keep my standards low.

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 03:36:18 PM »
After what they did to the Queen song, We Will Rock You, Im hoping they go home in shame, disapear into virtual obscurty, and end up lonely and forgotten, in a soiled bathroom, at a bus stop on the bad side of Detroit while being mugged by a midget .

Probably more likely that they'll get their own Saturday evening "entertainment" show to host. I thought Lucie was the best singer on the show, but at the end of the day she got less votes than anyone else.

Seriously, without Jedward on the show to grind your gears enough that you wish them actual physical harm, is there seriously anyone else left on it you'd tune in to watch? The whole concept of the show is to create a manufactured pop star to make Simon Cowell money. Simon's not an idiot. He's not going to shoot the golden goose. Clearly he thinks Jedward can make him more money than Lucie could. They would ideally like to create another Mariah Carey or Justin Timberlake, the kind of poo I don't listen to. I listen to very little that's newer than the 1980s, so whoever wins, I wont listen to their records, just like I don't listen to the records of any of the previous winners. Maybe if they had Rock factor where all the contestants had to write & play all their own music, you may actually find a new relevant talented musician. But that's unlikely to happen with Simon Cowell running the show.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 04:55:04 PM »
I like Jamie Archer,, but they wont lethim do what hes good at.
The industry is set up for cookie cutter, powerpop, corporate sell out garbage.
Jamie was invited by Bon Jovi to come on tour with him,, but Simon wouldnt turn him loose.
 Jamie isnt going to win for one reason,, he isnt a conformist that can be urned into a kiddie pop star sensation.
Pitty really,,I like his attitude.And Louis said he wasnt a rocker,,
Like his boy toys are ( I swear Louis has a sexual thing for Jedward)
I keep my standards low.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 03:08:52 AM »
Ofcom probes X Factor complaints
Tue 10 Nov 9:51 AM. By Press Association

Buzz Up!

Simon Cowell's decision to let the public decide who was to be voted off the latest episode of The X Factor sparked complaints to Ofcom, the broacasting regulator has confirmed.
Welsh teenager Lucie Jones was kicked off the talent show after the public chose twins John and Edward Grimes to go through to the next round.

The Irish twins have become firm favourites with the public despite some erratic performances.

The decision to open up the voting has been criticised in some quarters due to the twins' apparent popularity.

An Ofcom spokeswoman confirmed that complaints had been made but would not confirm how many had been received.

She said: "We will assess the complaints against the Broadcasting Code."

The twins said they have were racked with guilt after knocking Jones out of the show.

The 18-year-old joined the boys, nicknamed "Jedward", in the bottom two in front of the biggest audience the ITV talent show has ever received.

She said the twins, who have been criticised for their lack of singing talent, felt guilty about staying in the competition.

When it was his turn to vote, Cowell said he would prefer to see the boys again rather than Jones, but left the final decision to viewers as that meant the vote was "deadlocked".

I have to laugh now lol
I keep my standards low.

Offline Geemonster

• Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 03:10:50 AM »
I also hate Big Brother,thank golly they're cancelling it.
Wooohooo!

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 03:13:49 AM »
Finaly ,,after what? six years?
I keep my standards low.

Offline Geemonster

• Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 03:16:47 AM »
9 i think the 1st was in 2000

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 03:39:28 AM »
Ive only been aware of it since 2003

Anyway,, the whole X Factor /Simon Cowel thing will notgo over in America,, American Idol will lose all kinds of viewers now.
I keep my standards low.

Offline Geemonster

• Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 03:49:59 AM »
No offence to any Americans here,but im sick of us copying so much of your culture.
  We had a culture all our own,especially those bless'ed police sirens of yours,the noise hurts my head.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »
Fans say X Factor has lost all credibility and threaten to boycott show
Tue Nov 10 11:27AM by TV Editor

A massive 82% of Yahoo! users believe that The X Factor has lost all credibilty following Lucie's exit from the show.

Only 8% of almost 48,000 people who voted said that they still believed the show was credible, while many commented that they would no longer be watching.

Sunday night's controversial result saw Simon Cowell force the decision to the public vote after Lucie Jones and John and Edward found themselves in the bottom two.

It was then revealed that Lucie had received the least votes and she left the competition, despite giving a much better performance than the twins during the sing-off.

The poll results come after it was revealed that ITV has had more than 3,000 complaints about Sunday night's programme.

TV watchdog Ofcom has also confirmed that it is investigating complaints from viewers about the show.

Fans are also threatening to boycott the show because they believe it has turned into a joke. Lorda288 said: "What a farce - as soon as Simon chose to keep the twins in I switched off. I won't be watching again. For him it is all about money and his acts winning.!

Floloverrichard added: "Let me know when John and Edward have gone and I will start watching the show again."

In other X Factor news, it's been reported that plans for a dance theme this weekend have been ditched by Simon Cowell in a last minute decision.

The remaining acts will now sing songs by Queen on Saturday night's show. Good news for Simon's acts Jamie and Danyl then?

No offence to any Americans here,but im sick of us copying so much of your culture.
  We had a culture all our own,especially those bless'ed police sirens of yours,the noise hurts my head.

No kidding about the police sirens!

No offense taken from me ( wait! Can I be concidered an American anymore? lol)
America puts alot of stock in Euro Culture.
If someone spits on a canvas is France,, its a work of art in America.
 To hell with our own culture,,most of what he have to do is based on European or Asian cultures .
If you have anything American in your home, many concider you a racist ( mainly minority groups).

I keep my standards low.

Offline Geemonster

• Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2009, 01:38:16 PM »
I want to be a Bonobo.