Author Topic: X Factor consiracy: Fact or Fiction?  (Read 12598 times)

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
X Factor consiracy: Fact or Fiction?
« on: November 03, 2009, 08:21:32 AM »
Is there a conspiracy for the twins to win The X Factor?

You haven't really made it in the entertainment industry until you've got your very own conspiracy theory, so X Factor twins John and Edward should be rejoicing after rumours emerged that there is a secret plot to help them win.

We've taken a look at several of the conspiracy theories and tried to get to the truth behind them...

Conspiracy 1: The twins had two auditions
Footage from an Irish TV show, featured in today's Sun, has revealed that the twins auditioned in London three days before their Glasgow audition that was featured in the series. This revelation has led some fans to claim that the producers hand-picked the duo to win this year's series.

The truth?
Due to the high volume of contestants wanting to take part in The X Factor each year, the hopefuls must first audition for the show's producers before facing the judges. An X Factor spokesperson confirmed this in a statement, saying: "They did a pre-audition in London then were asked to audition for the judges." No conspiracy there then.

Conspiracy 2: The running order was changed on Saturday to benefit the twins
The Daily Star has reported that the running order was changed at the last minute before Saturday night's live show in order to boost the twins' chances of making it through to the following week. It's well known that acts who perform first often have a disadvantage because voting lines don't open until the end and viewers often vote for perfomances that are fresh in their mind.

The truth?
An X Factor spokesperson confirmed: "The order was changed, but this has happened before. Often after a rehearsal, producers may decide to alter the order to change the pace of the show or for technical reasons. The fact that John and Edward sang towards the end means nothing". We think it's likely John and Edward were moved as part of a ratings decision. They have quickly become the act that everyone wants to see and holding them back until closer to the end will keep viewers watching. Anyone else notice how many times Dermot plugged them as 'coming up next' during Saturday's show?

Consiracy 3: Simon Cowell is a massive John and Edward fan and has plotted for them to win since June
Could Simon Cowell's 'I hate those twins' routine be a massive bluff? Insiders have claimed that Simon and fellow  judge Louis have been planning to whip the public into a frenzy over John and Edward ever since their first audition. Westlife's Shane Filan has fuelled this speculation by revealing that Simon showed him footage of the boys back in June and said 'they're going to be massive'.

The truth?
As the man who launched Zig and Zag's music career, Simon Cowell has never been one to let a poor vocal performance stand in the way of a hit record. As a savvy businessman, he will also be keen to maximise on the twins' mania that is sweeping the nation so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he plans to turn them into stars. His whole 'twins are a nightmare' act could be part of a plan to get people to vote for the duo simply to annoy him, therefore keeping them in the show. However, while he may want them to reach the final in order to keep ratings high, we don't think he would actually want them to win as it would turn the whole show into a farce. Would he be happy for the twins to represent the best new UK music talent with a performance on American Idol? We don't think so. However, this is definitely the most plausible of the theories put forward.

Meanwhile, it's been reported that the twins will perform the theme from Ghostbusters on Saturday night's show. Be afraid.

Yeah ok,,im addicted to the show  :P

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 08:23:08 AM by Robin-Graves »
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
Re: X Factor consiracy: Fact or Fiction?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 03:26:12 PM »
But you didn't say whether or not you like them.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 03:57:38 PM »
After what they did to We Will Rock You I hate thier little twin guts.
Id like to shave their heads
I keep my standards low.

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 04:17:15 PM »
I find Stacey Solomon's interviews way more annoying. I can't understand a word she's saying. I don't know why she doesn't sing her interviews.  :D

If the twins are singing Ghostbusters, then the theme must be movie songs, which means all the female singers fighting over Whitney Houston's Bodyguard song and Celine Dion's Titanic one.  :(  Doesn't sound like my type of theme.

As for conspiracy theories, I'm not saying it's fixed, but without hearing anyone sing a note I predict the bottom two will be Danyl & Lloyd.  ;)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 01:04:06 AM »
stacey is a scream. what a down to earth girl. :D :D :D :D :D
yourd love to take out on a date but only until she spoke  :D :D :D :D

the 2 twins want shooting.
its more a racial issue with them. ireland's voting for them.apparently they have the most votes each week. :o

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 06:02:18 AM »
I find Stacey Solomon's interviews way more annoying. I can't understand a word she's saying. I don't know why she doesn't sing her interviews.  :D

If the twins are singing Ghostbusters, then the theme must be movie songs, which means all the female singers fighting over Whitney Houston's Bodyguard song and Celine Dion's Titanic one.  :(  Doesn't sound like my type of theme.

As for conspiracy theories, I'm not saying it's fixed, but without hearing anyone sing a note I predict the bottom two will be Danyl & Lloyd.  ;)

I like Jamie Archer,,Louis telling him he isnt a rocker was preposterous.
Blood almost shot ou of my eyes,, the guy knows nothing, look at his little twins,, they arent anything and when they come on you can see Louis getting an erection!
 As for Ireland voting for them,,i think its more the teenage girls voting for them several times.
 Its another example of what American music has turned into. Style over substance.
Britney Spears is an example,,getting by on their looks and not tallent.
 The real Britney Spears fans were 30 year old devorced men who turned the sound off when she came on.
I keep my standards low.

Offline Geemonster

• Banned for all eternity
  • Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 08:42:36 AM »
I don't like that kind of show mate,i hardly ever watch TV unless im eating dinner.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 09:51:59 AM »
Tracy got me addicted,, Ill blame her lmao
I keep my standards low.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 03:36:26 PM »
its good watching  it .
i cannot get out much what with 2 children and a dog

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 08:04:30 PM »
Good reason to watch tv lol
I keep my standards low.

Offline Geemonster

• Banned for all eternity
  • Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 08:20:19 PM »
Too many Vampire shows on TV for my liking,they're all so......well not scary in the least.
  Now 30 Days Of Night.....well i sw it again on Hallows eve,brilliant film.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 12:02:58 AM »
Too many Vampire shows on TV for my liking,they're all so......well not scary in the least.

a very bloody film.
i imagine how vampires should be

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 04:03:54 AM »

You need to find the comic book online, and the sequel to it too.
Fear.net had the webisodes that was a prequel to that film.
a very bloody film.
i imagine how vampires should be
Yeah, non human and definitly anamilistic in thier nature.
Im so damn tired of these Anne Rice /Twilight wanabees.

Back in the mid 90s they did a series in the US and Canada called Vampire:The Kindred based on the White Wolf RPG of the same name.
It was pretty good with the diferent vampire tribes and how they were divergent from each other in more ways than looks.
I keep my standards low.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 01:58:02 PM »
Ok,, just watched X Factor, and after the crappy performance that Jedward did last night and the fact that they sent a good performer home,,I have to believe that there is a consiracy.
Jedward is set to win,,

There is a Satan,, and I refuse to watch this program ever again.
I keep my standards low.

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 03:43:04 PM »
Ok,, just watched X Factor, and after the crappy performance that Jedward did last night and the fact that they sent a good performer home,,I have to believe that there is a consiracy.
Jedward is set to win,,

There is a Satan,, and I refuse to watch this program ever again.

Nah. You'll tune in next time to see your favourite duo. The pull of Jedward will be too strong. That's why Simon didn't eliminate them when he had the chance. Jedward = viewers.