Author Topic: Favorite fictional characters?  (Read 15953 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Favorite fictional characters?
« on: November 24, 2009, 05:10:55 AM »
Colonel. Saul Tigh -

?You know, sometimes I think that you've got ice water in those veins, and other times I think you're just a naive little schoolteacher. I've sent men on suicide missions in two wars now, and let me tell you something. It don't make a Godsdamn bit of difference whether they're riding in a Viper or walking out onto a parade ground, in the end they're just as dead. So take your piety and your moralizing and your high-minded principles and stick 'em someplace safe until you're off this rock and you're sitting in your nice cushy chair on Colonial One again. I've got a war to fight.? - Precipice

Insurgent bunker.
Chief: Did you hear? The Cylons cut food rations toady.
Anders: We heard. How long before the next Raptor transmission?
Chief: Two minutes. You know, they're taking about shutting down the marketplace. It's a security risk.
Tigh: We'll shift targets.
Chief: You were gonna hit the marketplace. The market? Full of civilians. This is crazy. You know, we need to figure out whose side we're o n.
Tigh: Which side are we o n? We're o n the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of Paradise. Sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that.
Chief: Contact. They're ready for the sitrep.
Tigh: Send it twice, just to make sure.
-Also from Precipice.

Col. Saul Tigh was a mean, drunk, son of a madam, who didn't take crap from anyone.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
Re: Favorite fictional characters?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 07:59:37 AM »
LOL... I have too many. Not only do I have favorite characters..I always crush on fictional characters too. More in books then on TV or movies though.

I will try to think of some good movie quotes that have made certain characters my favorites. 

It's a good idea for a thread. It notches up the idea of 'favorite quotes'. And makes the quotes more important when they're attached to characters we're drawn to.

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »
The Doctor (Doctor Who)

Probably not many bad ass quotes, but loads of funny ones. I'll take funny over bad ass any day.  :D

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 08:14:10 AM »
Dr. Perry Cox -
Dr. Perry Cox: Boy oh boy! Looks like you pissed off the wrong guy there, crunchy. Trust me. He'll make you pay.
Dr. Molly Clock: Oh, Dr. Kelso's all bust. I bet underneath it all he's a sweetheart.
Dr. Perry Cox: Oh no, underneath it all he is pure evil.
Dr. Molly Clock: Perry, no one's pure evil, I mean yeah some people have a hard outer shell, but inside everybody has a creamy center.
Dr. Perry Cox: There are, plenty of people here, on this particular planet who are hard on the outside and hard on the inside!
Dr. Molly Clock: So they have more of a nougaty center?
Dr. Perry Cox: Lady. People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. scallywag coated bastards with scallywag filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.
Dr. Molly Clock: I'm touching your creamy center!
Dr. Perry Cox: Oh I am so very angry that I'm going to find someone to kill just to prove her wrong.
--dweez

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 04:35:20 PM »
I'll take funny over bad ass any day.  :D

True. Plus I like characters for lots of different reasons. Straight out bad ass lines are usually too cheesy ::)

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 05:16:27 PM »
The Doctor (Doctor Who)

Probably not many bad ass quotes, but loads of funny ones. I'll take funny over bad ass any day.  :D

OOOOHHHH YYYEEAAHHHH!!!!
The Doctor rocks!

My favorite was in Bad Wolf when he walks out of the TARDIS and tells the Daleks " You know what they call me in the old Dalek language? The comming storm."

One of my favorites.
Another was in ,,oh man,  I cant believe I cant remember the episode,, but im sure you remember it Landslide,, it was the one with David Tennant where Sarah Jane comes back with K9.
The Dr tells the bad guy " I am so old and have so little compasion left, if I dont like what your doing,, It WILL stop"
 It left chills up and down my spine,,I actualy cheered.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 05:49:30 PM »
Actually, come to think of it, the Doctor's said a fair few bad ass lines.

"I'm the Doctor, I'm a Time Lord, I'm 903 years old, I'm the man whose going to save all your lives and the six billion people on the planet below - You got a problem with that?"

And funny ones.

"That's the trouble with antimatter. You can see the effect but not the cause. It's like being punched on the nose by the invisible man."

and

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

and

"Excuse me, do you mind not farting while I'm saving the world?"

it was the one with David Tennant where Sarah Jane comes back with K9.

School Reunion. Excellent episode.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 04:17:05 PM »
The bit in The Christmas Invasion where the Cygaraxian ( sp) cuts off the Doctors hand and it grows back

DW: You just cut off my hand, and im still within 12 hours of my regeneration. Which means I have enough residual energy to do this!"
    hand grows back

Cygaraxian: Witchcraft!

DW: TimeLord!

I cheered mate.
I keep my standards low.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 08:41:38 AM »
A fictional character I am rather fond of is the "Prince of Persia", which I wouldn't have mentioned until I realised that there is soon to be a film of his adventures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia:_The_Sands_of_Time_(film)
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 09:20:11 AM »
^ That?s a good one. And, I didn?t know they?d made that movie.

Plus it reminded me how much I like the character Scheherazade in Arabian Nights. When I was little and read the story, I only saw her character as doing what she did to save her life. But, as an adult I see her character as much more complex. Not only is she smart and brave, but it?s sweet how she also proves her love.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 11:52:46 AM »
Sean Conerys character in League Of Extraordinary Gentelmen.
I keep my standards low.

Offline CMF

• Homo Superior
  • Intelligence is relative.
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 09:26:28 AM »
Clubber Lang

He is probably one of the best villains ever.

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 09:44:38 AM »
Clubber Lang

He is probably one of the best villains ever.

It's weird, but I never saw Clubber Lang as a villain. He trained hard and deserved his win against a lazy arrogant Rocky. I was rooting for Clubber in the rematch as well.

Offline feelingindifferent

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 09:47:25 AM »
Sean Conerys character in League Of Extraordinary Gentelmen.
I read the comic, and got kinda skeeved out by the relationship between Allan Quartermain (Sean Connery in the movie) and Mina Murray.

Liz Lemon ftw

[/img]

Also, Jack Donaghy and Mother

golly, I love all the characters of 30 Rock.

AND CATHY GEISS OMG

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 10:23:11 AM »
I read the comic, and got kinda skeeved out by the relationship between Allan Quartermain (Sean Connery in the movie) and Mina Murray.

^ That's a good point.. are we just talking movies and tv? ..or all fictional characters? Because that opens things up wider.

Either way.. Atticus Finch will be a forever favorite of mine. Favorite in the book, and wasn't ruined by the movie.