Author Topic: Police: Six Dead following Shooting Rampage  (Read 3416 times)

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
Police: Six Dead following Shooting Rampage
« on: December 31, 2009, 09:11:15 AM »
Police have confirmed to YLE that a sixth person found dead in Espoo on Thursday was the perpetrator of a shooting rampage at the Sello shopping mall. Four people were shot dead at the shopping centre on Thursday. A fifth victim, an ex-girlfriend of the suspect, was found dead in a flat in Espoo.

Following the incident, police began a manhunt for the suspect, Ibrahim Shkupolli. They said he was considered armed and dangerous, and had run-ins with the police in the past.

The Helsinki District Court sentenced Shkupolli to a fine in 2007 for firearm violation for illegal possession of a 9 mm handgun and ammunition. The Espoo District Court had also fined Shkupolli for illegal possession of a 7.65 calibre handgun and ammunition in 2003. His ex-girlfriend had sought and received a restraining order against him.

The shooting was reported to police at 10.08 am. Espoo Police say three men and one woman, all employed at the Prisma grocery store at the shopping centre, were shot dead at the mall. The ex-girlfriend was also employed at Prisma. The mall was closed following the incident.

A number of police vehicles and ambulances rushed to the scene, just west of Helsinki. Crowds were standing outside the modern mall in bright, bitterly cold weather.

According to an eyewitness, one or more people were shot at the Prisma grocery store. One employee was seen lying on the floor in the upper level of the shop. A man dressed in black was seen walking toward the Citymarket grocery shop.

The director of the shopping centre says that the Prisma and Citymarket shops were immediately evacuated. A YLE reporter on the scene reported around 11.30 that the entire mall had been evacuated. The mall was re-opened late in the afternoon although shops and most other facilities remained closed for the holiday.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2009/12/police_six_dead_following_shooting_rampage_1331619.html

i'm waiting for someone to start an antisocial networking site.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
Re: Police: Six Dead following Shooting Rampage
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 09:14:36 AM »
A fifth victim, an ex-girlfriend of the suspect, was found dead in a flat in Espoo.

oops ^ that sounds like a clue :-\

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 01:20:32 PM »
Dear God.
 I hope they burn this Shkupolli guy.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 03:00:01 PM »
Police: Espoo Mall Shooting Probably Premeditated

Investigations continue into the fatal shooting of five people in Espoo on New Year?s Eve. Police now believe the victims had been selected in advance by the suspect, Ibrahim Shkupolli.

The National Bureau of Investigation(NBI) has clarified the movements of the suspect inside the mall but officers want further details on the movements of a red Volkswagen Golf car seen in the area on Thursday

Ibrahim Shkupolli, a Kosovo Albanian, shot and killed four people at the Sello shopping mall on Thursday. He also shot his ex-girlfriend at her home in Espoo. At the end of his shooting spree, he then turned the gun on himself.

Police say Shkupolli first shot two male employees on the first floor of the mall before killing two sales persons, a man and a woman, on the second floor. Prior to an autopsy on Saturday, investigators remain uncertain as to whether the fifth killing took place before or after his shooting rampage inside the mall.

The names of the victims in the store have not been released at the request of family members. Flags flew at half mast at the mall on New Year's Day and at other shops belonging to the HOK-Elanto retail chain. A moment of silence will be held at stores at noon on Saturday.

Shkupolli had earlier been served with a restraining order extending to the Prisma supermarket. He had earlier threatened staff at the store. Although supermarket guards were aware of the restraining order, those employed by the shopping mall itself remained in the dark as to the danger posed by the suspect.

http://www.yle.fi/uutiset/news/2010/01/police_espoo_mall_shooting_probably_premeditated_1336412.html

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 05:23:05 PM »
Is this near you?

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 06:05:46 PM »

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 12:12:53 PM »
I thought that kind of thing only happened in America.
I keep my standards low.

Offline Geemonster

• Banned for all eternity
  • Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »

Unfortunately there are reptiles like that everywhere.

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 01:05:21 PM »
Finland is in many ways like small size US,especially in bad things like serious violent crimes,drugs,serious immigration problem,mass unemployed and huge amount of weapons.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 01:23:21 PM »
When I was at Tracys,, I read a report that the police had seized a cache of 20 guns, and it was the biggest ever found in Glasgow.
I knowpeople herein America that have that many lying around in thier bedroom closets.
 I know I have enough to get myself put away for life in the UK.
 Fortunately,,where im at,, no one shoots anyone out of turn..Were all hunters and shoot for sport.
I keep my standards low.