Author Topic: Playing Mirror's Edge with an Xbox 360 controller.  (Read 5054 times)

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
Playing Mirror's Edge with an Xbox 360 controller.
« on: January 20, 2010, 05:46:13 AM »
A couple of weeks ago, I decided to play Mirror's Edge on my PC.  It's managed to find it's way onto my Steam games list.  I was feeling lazy and decided to play in bed (all wrapped up in my tog 15 duvet) and with my Xbox 360 controller.

After failing miserably in the tutorial stage, I gave up with the controller and sat at my desk to complete it.  Duvet still with me.

Have there ever been tests done to see if playing with a game controller makes you any better than with a keyboard and mouse?

The only advantage I've every noticed is the pressure sensitivity of the controller buttons analogue sticks.

When playing games such as Call of Duty or Halo on-line, do any PC users actually play with a game controller?  Has anyone ever succeeded an on-line game with a games controller?

I once had a little argument with some about this a few years ago.  He insisted first-person shooters were best played using a games controller.

I don't hate game controllers, I think they're awesome for platform games and to control my media player when I'm far away from the laptop machine.  And Tokyo Bus Guide just wouldn't be the same using WASD.  Man I miss that game.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Playing Mirror's Edge with an Xbox 360 controller.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:50:20 AM »
The person you got into the argument with is an idiot. A mouse and keyboard works a lot better than a controller.

I do like games that support the 360 controller, but if I've got a full keyboard, I prefer it.

I picked up mirrors edge in that holiday sale too, but I've got a backlog now with that sale.

I'm on mass effect right now.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 07:39:47 AM »
IMO, KM > controller
--dweez

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:50:04 AM »
I picked up mirrors edge in that holiday sale too, but I've got a backlog now with that sale.

I'm on mass effect right now.
I can't even remember buying some of the games I have on my list, but the dates definitely correspond with the sale :D

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 07:12:04 PM »
I've got a thread up for that, but this week it's some dull soviet RTS.