Author Topic: Windows7  (Read 3595 times)

Offline AlienBC

• Chief Sig Designer
  • Cro-Magnon
  • VIA
Windows7
« on: February 09, 2010, 10:10:59 AM »
I have just spent the weekend switching over from XP to win7 Ultimate and you know what so far I think it's great. Has anyong got any thoughts or good tips for me to chew over ;)

Cheers

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
Re: Windows7
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 12:45:05 PM »
Slideshow backgrounds!  They're awesome!  I've got a couple images for which I've switched the RGB values around and made negative as well.  It gives me lots of images for ma slideshow! :D

If you use the Sidebar/Gadget thing, I like this one:  http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=c41637be-8809-458b-9be2-5803b6de5ea5

If you want, as an alternative to XP's the Quick Launch thing, you can use this:
http://en.www.ali.dj/jumplist-launcher/

It lets you group each set of links into erm... groups.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline AlienBC

• Chief Sig Designer
  • Cro-Magnon
  • VIA
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 11:14:57 PM »
thanks will check out the links  ;)

Offline AlienBC

• Chief Sig Designer
  • Cro-Magnon
  • VIA
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 04:27:27 PM »
Again I?m likening Win7 even so its taken days to get everything sorted out i.e. software. I run Avid now and already work has been delayed. Problem is Avid don?t like my Win7 setup more to the point the onboard sound chip. It was fine on WinXp run like a dream. However the sound driver on 7 does not have the mixer facility so it cannot get the sound in from the mixer, it just don?t exist.
So to get around this I deleted 7 reinstalled Xp setup all my software including Avid got it just the way I like to work then made a disk image. I then had to de-install Xp the reinstall 7 set that all up the way I like it. This has taken me 2 long days has I have never played around with making HD disk images & why so long. But now I can switch between both systems quite quickly and now i?m sorted and happy.

Reason why I didn?t have 2 operating systems on one drive is I only have a internal 80 gig. I have an external 1TB where I keep most of my files movies pictures etc.  But Photoshop and Avid likes lots of disk space so is the reason in my madness.  Now it?s all sorted I have the best of both worlds but when I get around the sound problem I will say good night to Xp for good.

rant over ;)