Author Topic: RFP: Good Headset  (Read 3455 times)

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
RFP: Good Headset
« on: June 23, 2011, 07:54:13 PM »
Guys, I need a headset (headphones and mic).  My old set, Plantronics .Audio 90, has developed a short in the cable suspiciously around the area I've been known to run over it with my chair...go figure.  Sadly, while the .Audio 90s are a great headset, Plantronics saw fit to discontinue them years ago.  I luckily bought a few sets right before they went out of stock @ $20 a set (normal price).  This was my last set.

Now, I need a new set and I've been out of the "audio" game for a long time.  I still know that Sennheiser and Koss are good brands but the multitude of other brands and options are overwhelming me (Hmm, why can someone be overwhelmed or underwhelmed, but no one is ever just "whelmed"?) so I've come to those I trust (or at least those who will listen) and have submitted this "RFP" (Request For Proposal) in hopes that someone out there that knows what's what can give me good advice as to which item gives me the most bang for my buck.

I'm not an audiophile so I don't need the uber-best, but I am a guy, so I'd like the best I can realistically get.  My budget could go as high as $100 or so if I'm significantly impressed.

Please help a fellow netizin out.

-d

BTW smokes, seems I've still got a little glitch as this edit box here has decided to extend beyond my screen and not "wrap".  Actually looks like a Salvador Dali image (you know, the paradoxical paintings).

--dweez

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: RFP: Good Headset
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 02:23:20 AM »
Dweez, click the little cursor button at the far right of the button array, and it will give you the live preview option that will reduce the size of the text area (and show elements like images on the fly).
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 04:09:24 AM »
I'm a Plantronics fan and most likely will always be one. 

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 06:33:24 AM »
Dweez, click the little cursor button at the far right of the button array, and it will give you the live preview option that will reduce the size of the text area (and show elements like images on the fly).

Weirdness...it's not doing it now.

I'm a Plantronics fan and most likely will always be one. 

I know sub...hard to beat the quality and the longevity.
--dweez

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 04:03:35 AM »
Mine broke only after several years of abuse.  I bought a replacement Plantronics and it was still pretty good although not as fantastic as my old one.  I can't think of anything else to use especially for calls.  There's a reason why call centers use nothing but Plantronics.