Author Topic: Has anyone used one of those usb/internet thing with a sim card to connect to...  (Read 11465 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
I can't remember ever stopping in Leicester.  Been through it many a time though.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline mishca09

• Q
Ive been using tethering feature available on my phone. no new charges, my internet just slows down until new billing period. tmobile is sooo strange they tired to sell me tethering abilities  over the phone today. for an extra 10 dollars a month with extra gb. but i can already use the tethering feature, now I feel like when I upgrade this sept, that app might not be available at all.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
Ive been using tethering feature available on my phone. no new charges, my internet just slows down until new billing period. tmobile is sooo strange they tired to sell me tethering abilities  over the phone today. for an extra 10 dollars a month with extra gb. but i can already use the tethering feature, now I feel like when I upgrade this sept, that app might not be available at all.

I have used tethering since I got my phone over a year ago and my bill has never changed once. I don't DL anything and only browse the intarweb but sometimes my daughter has my Apad and my son has his Pocket PC connected to it at the same time I am browsing on the phone, and still there is no quibble from T-Mobile for the usage.

It may not be fast but it is effective.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
My younger sister got charged extra by Orange for tethering her iPhone.  That was odd, I didn't know they could figure it out.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
My younger sister got charged extra by Orange for tethering her iPhone.  That was odd, I didn't know they could figure it out.

Hmmmm.. As T-Mobile and Orange are the same company, I'll have to check that I won't fall foul to that.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
i use an old wildfire on virgin and as long as i dont go over my allowance then no extra charge.

i have heard orange charge extra for tethering .
phone up and complain , swap companies

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
Tethering will eventually have to be addressed in the packages, as there seems to be no clear cut message about the cost (if any) for using it - by any of the companies.  My view is: if they sell me a phone that has that has a tethering application as standard, and don't tell me there is a cost for using it, then it is sort of entrapment if they later charge me.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
Yeah, I thought the same.  For both iPhones and Androids, tethering is incredibly easy to enable.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline mishca09

• Q
I figured out how to use it on my phone but apparently when I upgrade my phone the app will no longer be available on my phone and tmobile will want an extra 15 bucks for the feature.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
I figured out how to use it on my phone but apparently when I upgrade my phone the app will no longer be available on my phone and tmobile will want an extra 15 bucks for the feature.

That's criminal.

Offline mishca09

• Q
I know !

I'm thinking about not even upgrading or maybe trying to root it, people say its easy but I'm just not that tech savvy

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Rooting is fairly easy but it's also easy to turn your phone into a brick.  I'd try and find someone near you who has done it before and can walk with you through the procedure.
--dweez

Offline mishca09

• Q
the person I would usually turn to isnt around right now.if i do upgrade I'll use my old one as a   test guinea pig.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
on the htc wildfire , the phone has a app showing you what to do . :D

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
I've rooted my tablet but cannot see the need to do that to my phone.  I did root the missus' wildfire, but that was only because I needed to overclock the processor.  And that didn't help much either with that pile of junk