Author Topic: Cellphones 2012  (Read 14179 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
Cellphones 2012
« on: April 02, 2012, 12:11:00 AM »
what cell phones are you excited about ?

I think  Samsung GALAXY Note looks cool.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Cellphones 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 05:21:58 AM »
what cell phones are you excited about ?

I think  Samsung GALAXY Note looks cool.

I saw that Galaxy Note advertised on TV last night and I did start doing the numbers in my head. Bad thing is I still have some time to go on my present contract before I could get one through that, so I'd probably buy something one cash and used my Defy as a spare.  I might leave it while and see what else is on the horizon.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »
You people get excited about telephones?

Geez. Get a life.

[posted from my iPhone 4S 64 Gb. White]

I can't speak for others, but I need something to get excited about as the novelty of kids has worn off.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »
I'm more than happy with my iPhone.  I'm not a "mac guy" but I got an iPhone 3G several years back and it did everything I needed/wanted it to do.  Upgraded to the iPhone 4 shortly after it came out and have continued to be happy.  I'll probably upgrade to the iPhone-du-jour whenever this one seems too slow for me.
--dweez

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:01:57 PM »
I am hoping tmobile will get the iphone since they are updating their networks. From what I've read they have lost about 700000 because they havent gotten the iphone. tmobile did say they had no plans to get the iphone though , so I dont know. 

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 05:24:01 PM »
I want one with loads of buttons.  I don't like it when the end-call button is the same button used for the power switch.

The telephone I most want is a Nokia N900.  My friend has one, but he doesn't deserve it.  I hate him.

The Internet says that the USB port on the Nokia N900 isn't fixed securely, and is therefore likely to break off.  That's why I'm not ever going to buy one.

Unless I can get one for about £20 ($5).

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 01:39:23 AM »
Old but best place to post
Well as i inherited a Galaxy s2 (gt19070) tweaked it and updated the o/s.
I have decided to sell my Ipod 32gb classic and 32gb Ipod touch 3rd gen as The phone does the same thing and why should i carry 2 items around with me.Unfortunately i can only put a 32gb micro sd card in but i can live with this as how much music/audio books do you need on a card.
Using Sony media-go to govern the transfer of all music audio books and photo's.Easy to use and I can also govern my kids Blackberry music transfer and such.
So impressed with the Samsung I would consider a newer version eventually when prices come down and the size as well lol.
Have found if your careful with the installation of apps then the battery life isnt too bad.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 05:32:47 PM »
so tmobile has the iphone now and it comes in different colors now to. but I'm not excited and I dont want one anymore, I do think I want the galaxy note 3. I probably dont need something that big but we've started to use the phone as a gps ( which is way better then our old one trick pony gps ). its suppose to come out this oct. and so is nexus 5. another cool phone and its cool to me because you can customize the color of your phone is the moto X

moto x

Offline townie2

• Neandertal
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 08:25:31 AM »
i have a Galaxy S II X, made me a Samsung fan for life. i would love to get an S IV, they look amazing, but very expensive without getting locked into a contract.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 12:30:12 AM »
goldie, are you saying you used your iPod touch as a telephone?  I'd heard of Chinese nationals jailbreaking them and using them for that purpose.  I have an ancient 6G 3rd Generation one that is gathering dust, mostly because I don't listen to music as I once did when I commuted.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 12:36:25 AM »
galaxy note 3
I have a Galaxy Note (GT-N7000).  I like the big screen, but I don't like the Android 4.1.2.  I find the Gingerbread version of Android easier to use.

The main problem with the larger screen is that you cannot go back to a smaller screen afterwards.  I look at my sister's tiny iPhone 4S and I say "what is that?  2 inches?  No, you get a life, madam!  I'll kill you!"

It took me a while to realise Android version names are alphabetical in order.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 01:03:40 AM »
goldie, are you saying you used your iPod touch as a telephone?  I'd heard of Chinese nationals jailbreaking them and using them for that purpose.  I have an ancient 6G 3rd Generation one that is gathering dust, mostly because I don't listen to music as I once did when I commuted.
have been told of you add a bluetooth earpiece and mic, if you have internet access then you could talk to people.never done myself.
sold the itouch a while ago as my samsung does everything i need

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 07:00:14 AM »
That's promising.  I just added google voice.  So far, I've been able to call my husband and can hear him talk, but I can't figure out how to talk to him.  Next stop, skype.  I'm really interested in using the computer for telephone interactions and need to figure out the logistics.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 08:35:37 AM »
6, have you got a headset?

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
most of family but me abuses skype, with family in Germany and children's friend all over the place.
works ok if pc can handle it