Author Topic: Bluetooth question.  (Read 4437 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Bluetooth question.
« on: August 13, 2012, 05:35:56 AM »
One of my birthday presents was a Sony Ericsson MW600 which are stereo bluetooth headphones.  They work amazingly and work with any audio source being played on my phone as well as using the phone's answer and talk system.  I have also bought a Bluetooth transmitter (although haven't received it yet) so that I can just listen to my MP3 player or even my TV using these neat little things, but I was wondering if I could have 2 sets pick up the same audio source?  I know that probably wouldn't work from my phone as it has to be paired to that, but surely a Bluetooth audio transmitter just chucks the data out there to be picked up by whatever wants it?

This is the transmitter I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251128836232

and I can't see that you have to pair these devices together as there isn't any "settings" to speak of that you can access.  Does anyone know anything about this sort of stuff?  Could I buy another set and have the missus listen to the same audio source that transmitter would be plugged into.

Essentially my aim is to be able to watch TV late when we are on holiday, without disturbing the kids who will be in the same room.  We already use RF wireless headsets on out TV in the bedroom so as not to wake each other up, and it's very convenient to be able to get up or move around without a wire in the way.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Bluetooth question.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:42:08 PM »
as far as i know the signal gets thrown out from the appliance, as long as you can pick the transmission up ( similar to a phone bluetooth) then you can log into the signal

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:24:22 PM »
Yeah, I was hoping that was the case.  My worry is that I buy a second set for the missus and they interfere with each other.  It wouldn't go to waste, but if it doesn't do the job then there wouldn't be any rush to get one.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 03:05:24 PM »
Apparently this cannot be done:

According to Sennheiser, it is not possible to send from bluetooth dongle to multiple bluetooth headsets with any of the their dongles.  I have also been warned there may be a lag in sound if watching TV via a dongle - in may case that did not materialise.  After spending hours searching the internet for a provider of bluetooth dongles that does indeed support multiple headsets, or at least TWO headsets, I gave up.  The only solution is to buy two dongles and connect them with splitter!

However, as the dongle was cheap I may just buy another and use a splitter as suggested.