Author Topic: Tony Scott has died  (Read 4147 times)

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
Tony Scott has died
« on: August 20, 2012, 11:22:37 AM »
Apparently he committed suicide jumping of a bridge bc he had inoperable brain cancer.

You can read it here.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Tony Scott has died
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 11:33:23 AM »
My father-in-law told me of this today, but had said it was an accident (how stories can get bent eh..).

The real tragedy was the brain cancer I suppose, but either way it is a great loss the world of film making.

R.I.P.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »
 TMZ reported that  "Tony Scott did NOT have inoperable brain cancer, or for that matter brain cancer at all  ... this according to Scott's family.

TMZ has learned ... Scott's wife told investigators the rumor that Tony had inoperable brain cancer is "absolutely false."

Although the autopsy results have been deferred pending more tests, our sources say there is no evidence of brain cancer.

What's more ... we're told Scott's wife says Tony did not have any other severe medical issues that would have caused him to take his own life.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz248xU6THI"

Its really strange maybe he had a secret gambling problem and the mob was going to make his life really painful and he just decided to say to hell with it.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 09:50:44 PM »
How odd.  I checked a more reliable local paper and it confirmed the story.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/tony-scott-didnt-have-brain-cancer-family-says.html

He was clearly disturbed about something.  Tragic, really.