Author Topic: Scrambled eggs, or Me Vs. the Food Processor.  (Read 3348 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Scrambled eggs, or Me Vs. the Food Processor.
« on: August 25, 2012, 09:08:02 AM »
I was going to have a bowl of cereal, but I figured if I'm up at five, I might as well make breakfast.
Originally I was going to do omelettes, but I'm a few ingredients short. I'd started chopping onion at that point, but figured "meh, toss em in."

Lately a lot of my onion recipes have come out a bit stringy, despite the fact that I skin the onion before I chop it.

So I glared at it. The food processor. Musher of things.

I tossed the onion in, and tapped the button once, extremely lightly. Sure enough the thing still spun for a good ten seconds.

The onions were a bit dicey (heh) but they weren't mush, so I cooked em in the skillet and set them aside.

We got a brick of Tillamook sharp on sale, so I shredded up about half a cup by eyeball. I really like extra sharp cheddar as it doesn't melt when you're trying to cut or shred it.

I mixed in the five extra large eggs from the fridge, and tossed in a very large tablespoon of sour cream.

salt and pepper too, but that's up to the cook.

brought it all up over low heat, and then slapped em on some stupid crumbly buns.

The crumbly buns did not impress me for burgers, but they were great with breakfast. I scorched em up a bit in my evil toaster.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Scrambled eggs, or Me Vs. the Food Processor.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 10:05:43 AM »
That's all very interesting 8ully but I am not sure how to respond.  Is it sort of a morning blog?  I so, I found it quite stirring and hunger evoking.

I thought the blender was a tad extreme for the onions as I knife should do just fine or a grater at worst, and they both are a lot easier to clean afterwards.

You should have your own garden here for monologues. I'd read them.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 10:20:38 AM »
Yeah, you definitely made me crave a good egg meal...too bad I have none in the house. :(
--dweez

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 12:12:02 PM »
 :o No EGgs@!  : ) I have four cartons, call me, we can discus things like this. 
I have not a craving in the world, I've been on the egg cook for weeks now... Looking to switch off of the ground red meat and the wonderful pork I have been eating about twice a week lately.  God I missed pork. 

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »
I don't eat much pork.

Smokester, most of my cooking threads end up like that. Usually more interesting when alcohol is involved, but I'm out of Worcestershire sauce. I've learned that it's Lea & Perrins, or it's pathetic.

the food processor isn't a full sized blender, it's just a handheld thing about the size of a coffee pot with a small blade. Rinsed out fine with water.

I've actually got a fairly nice 10 inch Sysco. It's made out of DiCromanganium.
I find you need a beefy handle on a knife to get it to cut just so.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 11:14:38 PM »
Lea & Perrins is great!  Have you have tried the Lea & Perrins steak sauce?  I can't get it in my area but used to date a girl who lived where they had it.  It's great too.
--dweez

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 10:13:52 AM »
I'm hungry now.

We had scrambled eggs earlier and now I want some ham.  I'm too tired to cook.  Wish there was somewhere that did deliveries around here.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 10:26:18 AM »
I'll cook.  :)

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
I'll eat!
--dweez