Author Topic: No Bootable Device Dell D620  (Read 9238 times)

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
Re: No Bootable Device Dell D620
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »
Often those driver finder programs cause more problems than they fix.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 02:55:32 PM »
I'm aware of that, but I've been using Driver Genius Pro for years without issue.  Of course, I paid for a license though.  The more I think about the SlimDrivers one, the more it looks like one of those apps that are all flashy but underneath is flooding you with malware.
--dweez

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 03:18:46 PM »
Just curious, why XP and not Win 7?
I have a really old graphic editing program that I truly love. Just force of habit, I wanted to be able to continue using it.

Did you try the XP drivers in Compatibility Mode?
I did look but it doesnt exist. Even the manufacturer of the software said there wasnt one. I could buy a brand new copy or continue to use the old. I would of paid for an upgrade but they wouldnt sell that. Only a full new copy and what is my user name? Not gonna do it.

THAT was the problem. I was able to get the GPART disc to load and after an hour of f$*^ing around I finally figured it out. Not one person on the GPART site had a clue what was going on. I knew it had everything to do with what I did when running that software. I should of tried to get ahold of you sooner but I did finally figure out the issue. Everything is good to go. Thanks for adding the post Dweez.
Just in case anyone missed it, this was the problem. Just needed to partition the drive again/correctly. THAT software too was ancient! The designer still sells the product and even he didnt know what to recommend to me.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 07:31:15 AM »
couldnt you just install xp in virtual box