Author Topic: Star Trek Online.  (Read 5060 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Star Trek Online.
« on: September 23, 2012, 04:10:19 AM »
Star Trek online does not handle like any previous star trek games. At best it's a bastardized Bridge Commander mashed together with Guild Wars.

But hey, huge star trek nerd here. I've been playing a while, and I've bought quite a few cosmetic only options. On average this takes me two months as A) Not spending real money on this game. 2) WAAAAAAANT.

So I've got the TOS bundle, the original series enterprise (500 in game bux), wrath of khan uniform, TNG season one uniform (giveaway, did not cost any in game money) TNG uniform (Cost 500 in game bux) DS9 uniform (got out of a box) Movie uniforms (included in DS9 pack)

For the most part, I don't go for the gimmicks, but I do save up dilithium to trade for in game bux. This is slow going, you can make about 30 in game bux a day, if you don't game the system.

I use a certain type of mission, called an STF to make most of my in game bux. (dilithium)

for ten STF tokens, you get a set amount of dilithium, and if you do five of them on elite difficulty, you can cash in 10 tokens for about 2000 dilithium. Confused? They probably are too.

Anyway, my go to STF mission is broken. They've had a lot of bug reports and claim they are looking into it, but there were apparently no previous videos. Well, I've got a trial version of fraps, and it records 30 seconds of gameplay at a time.

Here goes:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5806151#post5806151

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
Re: Star Trek Online.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 01:44:14 PM »
That video made the game look really fun, I want to try it now!

* chekovsulu adds another to the list.

Does it let you play single-player as well?  I like my role-plays to be predictable.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 05:35:48 PM »
You can play through most missions solo, but the one the video is from is a Special Task Force mission. Those require five people to play (at least three must be competent or the mission will fail)

A lot of the season six activities require you be a member of a fleet. I'm part of the Maquis Alliance Elite Force. There are special missions to help build up your fleet as well. We have a star base!

If you do decide to play, send a friend request to @afreeby. Once you get out of the starter area, I can help you get through the missions (there are six seasons of missions)

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 04:21:08 PM »
Seasons?  Is it a bit like the TV series, where seasons start off a bit awful but then become awesome at the end?

I'll have a look-see on Mondee, that's when I'm next free.  And Most of November.  And December.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 12:09:42 AM »
Playing wake the dead again.

Why? The campaign has been revamped. Voice actors, smoother game play, and they're adding Tuvok for the Anniversary.

That's right. Tuvok.

Never saw you in game Checkovsulu :(

my @ handle is @afreeby.