Author Topic: The Roommate Chronicles: Vol 13.  (Read 14258 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: The Roommate Chronicles: Vol 13.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 10:15:08 PM »
Yeah, but you have to remember I'm a package deal because I'm responsible for my mom. When I went to make dinner I had to clean the foreman grill because she'd wandered off after using it last night for burgers.

Ugh. Dirty grill left overnight. It's a bless'ed marvel we don't have ants. She didn't even think of asking me to clean it, which  I would have done in a heartbeat.

I suppose I'm a little more on the ball when it comes to kitchen cleaning because of the food job, but I'd love to tear up the shitty linoleum in my kitchen. It icks me out to the point I don't cook anything complicated because I hate being in there.

I've laid floors before, but I only did a week on that job professionally. I thought I was up for it because we refloored our house in Encinitas, but holy golly is that a spine snapping job in real life.

I'd like to take an ROP plumbing class or something, but they keep cutting the ROP courses here. I'd love to be a bit more on the ball. A clean house is a happy house.

That being said, there is a difference between a clean house and a museum. I always sit out on the deck at one Aunt's house because I'm always scared I'll break something worth more than my car. I tell them I love the view.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:17:01 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 10:45:14 AM »
mayo and hot sauce w/no filler.  that's unique.

I guess it's got fat and starch with some added kick.  probably curl some nutritionist's hair, though.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 03:56:09 PM »
I'm responsible for my mom. When I went to make dinner I had to clean the foreman grill because she'd wandered off after using it last night for burgers.

Ugh. Dirty grill left overnight. It's a bless'ed marvel we don't have ants. She didn't even think of asking me to clean it, which  I would have done in a heartbeat.

That crazy, reckless roommate AND your mom doing those things: you're up for sainthood 8ully.  :)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2013, 12:16:26 AM »
My roommate does occasionally bring me home booze, so he does appreciate me for more than my hot sauce. Still wish he would ask. Really drives me nuts if he opens something in a sealed container. He couldn't ask? I really would appreciate the courtesy of asking.

It's worse with mom though, she'll eat all my cereal and won't replace it. And at the store when I grab a second box for her she asks why I am buying two boxes. :|

OH, OH!

Today I said I needed the car to go grocery shopping. She stopped by around 2 PM, handed me 1 1/2 pounds of hamburger meat and a tomato.

I can't make a bless'ed salad out of that! And I'm out of hamburger buns! Hamburgers on regular bread SUCK! And I already had hamburger meat!

I wanted to make a meal plan, so we don't end up eating hamburgers all the time. Instead? Hamburger.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:20:04 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2013, 09:10:15 PM »
couldn't you make meatloaf instead?

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2013, 06:45:10 PM »
We used to make a ghetto version of garbage, with just sliced potatoes and and eggs fried with already cooked beef.  It worked, but I would look up a solid recipe, I've stopped eating hamburger, except for those damned hamburgers I don't say no to.. But it's been almost a decade since I cooked that.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Door status
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2013, 12:05:40 AM »
When I'm sleeping, I close the door on my room for privacy and security. If I'm awake, I like to leave it open so I can go get a drink.

Roommate always has his door open, but will gladly close yours if you have a fan on. Man, he despises that fan.

Don't care, it's hot out. Fan is on. And I just open the door again. He'll passively aggressively say "Mind if I shut this" and then close the door anyways.

This is a minor thing though, not like he's burning the house down. I never really thought about it until I had a buddy over and we were playing xbox. He said it's really bless'ed weird.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 12:22:59 AM »
Is he American?

In some cultures, closed doors are the norm.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2013, 12:24:39 AM »
But he always has his door open.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 12:28:45 AM »
Yep.  I'm tired and stupid.  Sorry I confused the state of open/closed.  He sounds like he just doesn't like the sound of fans.  I like that sound.  It's reassuring.  When I was a child we had this huge GE fan with a motor like a jet engine turbine.  We used to like to stand behind it and sing into the fan because of the weird way it modulated our voices.  That thing must have burned so much electricity that you could stand outside our house and watch the meter speed around when it was on.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2013, 12:30:22 AM »
I don't like the sound of fans... Or the feel of them. Unless I'm awfully hot, I refuse to use them.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2013, 09:59:13 PM »
From what I've read, Britta pitchers are a common source of roommate contention. I'd just rig up a filter on the kitchen sink, but it's "Not allowed" so we have one of those rectangle britta pitchers in the fridge, which only I fill.

Mom asks for water, the son of a madam is empty.

So I fill it, and wait for the water to process.

Roommate swoops in to snag first glass, and I told him no, mom asked first.

Eh, he backed down, but still, holy poo.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »
do britta filters really work ?

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2013, 11:30:09 PM »
They certainly filter water...how well?  Who knows.  But a buddy of mine had some old, but crappy tasting, scotch that he ran through a filter (I believe it was Britta) about 3 times and he said it made it great.  He never shared it though.
--dweez

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
SHOT THROUGH THE HEART!
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2013, 12:29:23 AM »
He told me if I hadn't been drunk off my ass in 2006, we'd still have the house.

Valid shot, heart pierced, holy poo.