Author Topic: what happens to blocked numbers on ur cellphone....  (Read 3595 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
what happens to blocked numbers on ur cellphone....
« on: February 24, 2013, 10:47:40 PM »
Do the text messages bounce back? Not sure what hapoened but someone in my contacts started sending me spam messages and I hadnt planned on blocking them but I loathe spam. So my phone allows me to register their number as spam.. will there text messgaes and calls bounce back?

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: what happens to blocked numbers on ur cellphone....
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 02:33:52 AM »
Surely all communication from a blocked number should be restricted?  I'm not sure of the answer but if I had a bothersome caller I'd want to block him/her completely. Of course, that probably doesn't work if the caller adds a 141 to the beginning of your number (in this country) as that would mask their number anyhow.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »
what meant by blocked calls ... you have the option from your smart phone to add someone to your reject calls  list or spam list. and I was wondering if the calls and txt messages bounced back to the person/

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 05:18:40 PM »
That is a good question mishca.  It reminds me of that new movie with Ben Stiller and Jack Black.  You know what I'm talkin bout?  lol :D  "YES, BUT Where does all the Poo Go!?!?"
I don't know how it works though. :)  THat is an Irishhairball question.

Offline SACPOP

• Human
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 02:45:25 AM »
I think it depends on your cell carrier. Some companies have a recorded message for blocked calls that says "This user has restricted his calls" and other carriers just ring and ring but never go to voice mail.
AFA text messages, I think that generally the other person will get a return message that says "unable to complete message" or something similar.
Unless he is extraordinarily dense the other person will eventually figure out that he is blocked.

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 11:37:01 AM »
good question mishca09. I've been wondering the same thing
especially about sms

two years ago I had to block the phone number from Orange because they kept calling me up to 4x a day asking about people I didn't know.
And apart from them switching their number every couple of days, and me having to block them over and over again. (They just didn't accept that I didn't know those people.)
If I remember correctly my phone didn't ring when they called but I could look up the number of missed calls.
Luckily I had the insight to change my number after 5 months .. and haven't had to use the block  feature again
Then there was a guy who started to kind of digital stalk me .. and I think I put his number to the sms block list  .. and I've never gotten any messages from him .. but I'd also had to possibility to talk to one of his friends and to tell him that I really didn't feel comfortable anymore with the situation and to please stop contacting me (just saying don't know if that worked or if his sms just bounced off)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:24:47 PM by Discover99 »

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 05:15:47 PM »
thanks discover… I've never had to block people from calling or txting me before… but its a great feature to have :) if only it was that easy on landlines.

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 11:31:03 AM »
true :)