Author Topic: When I put a tail on I feel transformed… like a beautiful creature of the sea.  (Read 6906 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
Eric Ducharme: The Real-Life Merman

Like any other 22-year-old Floridian, Eric Ducharme loves to swim, except when he dives into the water, he trades his swim trunks for a floppy tail.
More on Yahoo! Shine: Mermaid Suit is Weirdest Beach Fad of the Summer
Ducharme is a self-proclaimed merman, a mystical male counterpart to the mermaid. As the legend goes, these seductive sea creatures with the upper body of a human and the tail of a fish, make themselves visible to ships during thunder storms and would lure the opposite sex into the water with their siren-like singing.

According to a story in The Daily Mail, Ducharme says he eats, sleeps, and breathes mermaids and mermen and tries to impersonate them whenever he can. "It's a lifestyle. It's a path in life that I have chosen," he says during a Wednesday night episode of TLC's "My Crazy Obsession," a reality show that follows people whose adoration for objects has become an obsession.

When I first met Eric, I was introduced to the subject of mermaids, on our first date," he says."Your jaw just kind of drops and you're just like, 'wow.' When we go swimming I don't even see him because he swims off to his own little corner, it's all about getting away from the rest of the world…Sometimes we have to ask people what's with the scolding looks because they're just like, 'why is there a guy in a tail? It's supposed to be a girl,''' Quijano says, shrugging. "Haters gonna hate."

if plan to come to new york in the summer time , I would like to suggest the mermaid parade they have at the coney island boardwalk it is just fun to see all the crazy costumes some pg and others not so much.

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Whatever rocks your boat. Or someone else's for that matter..

I'd settle for just being able to swim more than a few feet.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Flippers really help make one able to propel themselves in the water.  I expect this "tail" apparatus serves a similar function.  It's helpful when you are snorkeling, reduces fatigue and lets you focus on the fish and the ocean bottom.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
I kinda of understand the guy. I grew up with a club across the street with a huge swimming pool. I used to swim from December through March for years! (ie: Summer. Not a covered/heated pool back then). Several hours a day. I was a little girl and I was obsessed with "Man of Atlantis". I tried and tried to perfect his way of swimming underwater. It was a fantastic sensation. Man, I was fit back then!! I could probably swim like a beached old whale now.  :(  ::)

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
....I could probably swim like a beached old whale now.  :(  ::)

Which would still leave me standing.

Offline bubu

• Homo Erectus
I think swimming is one of the few things where it doesn't matter if you are young or old ,slim or overweight, a friend of mine who is really obese swim like a dolphin.
Which would still leave me standing.
you can learn! In a documentary I saw a lady 80 years old who just learned how to swim

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
I can swim quite well, just as long as it's straight down.

BTW Bubu, looks like I am going to be in Italy in July.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
I always say "I'm not fat, I'm buoyant."
--dweez

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
I always say "I'm not fat, I'm too short."

Offline tarascon

• Cro-Magnon
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
I always say, "The space between my ears keeps me afloat like an apple."
Estragon: I can't go on like this.
Vladimir: That's what you think.

Offline bubu

• Homo Erectus
I can swim quite well, just as long as it's straight down.

BTW Bubu, looks like I am going to be in Italy in July.
sorry I thought you couldn't swim...
Wowww are you really coming to Italy? when and where?(if it is not too far we can meet). I am planning to go to Uk too, but it all depend how things go in my family and the sickness surrounding me...

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
sorry I thought you couldn't swim...
Wowww are you really coming to Italy? when and where?(if it is not too far we can meet). I am planning to go to Uk too, but it all depend how things go in my family and the sickness surrounding me...

I said I can only swim if it's straight down, a bit like a brick only with less finesse.

Unfortunately I am only coming for a weekend in Teramo. I am going to be il padrino to my best friends daughter, only he has been told I need some kind of certificate (I have to confess I haven't been to the parish I used to attend for over 20 years) so it might not work.  I will still come to Teramo though as I wouldn't want to miss the baptism.

Eventually I will ride to Italy (maybe next year) and coming from Bern I should pass very near you.  When that comes to fruition I'll be sure to look you up.

Any time you're in the U.K be sure to look me up too.  I'll send you my contact details before you travel.  There is a large house at the top of my road with many rooms that are let for £100 per week.  Most of my Italian friends live there and if you were to come at a time when one of them visited back home, you could use their room while they were away and that would help them with the rent.  It would be useful both ways.  Not only that but it overlooks Clapham Common which is a very nice part of London to be.

Something to think about Bubu.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
I am going to be il padrino to my best friends daughter

Man, that's huge! Congratulations!

only he has been told I need some kind of certificate (I have to confess I haven't been to the parish I used to attend for over 20 years) so it might not work.  I will still come to Teramo though as I wouldn't want to miss the baptism.

Can't you get a certificate there in Teramo? There must be a way.  :-\

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
Man, that's huge! Congratulations!

Can't you get a certificate there in Teramo? There must be a way.  :-\

I think it's a baptism certificate they need which can often happen with international Catholicism (like to get married etc).  I can get a certificate from the church I was baptised at (if it is still standing) so if that is what's needed, then I will be il padrino.

The Godmother is actually Brazilian so it may be trickier for her.

Offline mishca09

• Q
I remember when I was baptized. it was so exciting my mom brought me a new dress and a tiara and veil to go with it. Godparents are the absolutely best, I miss them both. Anywho Congratulations! and I hope you can get your baptism certificate, I didn't know churches kept a record of that sort of thing.