Author Topic: Ballpark angus Hot dogs.  (Read 3661 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Ballpark angus Hot dogs.
« on: May 26, 2013, 01:04:14 AM »
Picked up a pack of ballpark angus hot dogs. I like em, but they get a low scoring for nutritional value.  Reasons being sodium nitrate and Monosodium Glutamate, MSG. Also "Flavoring" Which they don't explain what the golly it is. Paint Thinner? Lead Chips? Who knows?

I feel bad for enjoying this poo the more I read about it.

golly! At least mom isn't home. That would be bad. She has seizures when she eats MSG.

I was going to recommend these, but golly, I really can't.

Their website is poo too. "Guy Foods for Guy Time"? Easy there pal, there are already uncomfortable jokes about hot dogs, you don't need to invite frat cowpoo into things.

On top of that, the website is written towards the "Little woman" who does the shopping. They pimp these particular dogs by saying

"Try it. Just say the word "Angus" and watch the look in his eyes. He knows that means a big, bold taste is on its way. "

Yes. Because that man is having a stupid moron Pavlovian response. Also he can't do his own food shopping, because men are retarded in that regard.

Holy Hyperbole batman! I'lll admit it, I've fallen for the Angus cowpoo in the past, Angus certification is no Reinheitsgebot. You can trust a cattleman about as far as a used car salesman.

So once again, while these hotdogs were very enjoyable, they're probably about as good for you as a cigarette.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 01:13:59 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Ballpark angus Hot dogs.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:26:22 AM »
Aidell's makes a wide range of sausages that you can often pick up on sale for about $4.  They're quite good and have no nitrates/nitrites.  They have pork, chicken, turkey with a variety of flavorings.  The Habanero, Cajun Andouille, and Spicy Mango are really good.  I also like the chicken w/artichoke and garlic.

I haven't had a hot dog for many decades.  They're nasty.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 12:24:40 PM »
Here's Gavin with a commentary on the ingredients in wieners.  About 1:30.

(doy.  thought I'd pasted the link.)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:02:02 PM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 12:36:34 PM »
Chilly Cheese baby!  Yeah, hotdogs suck, but there are a few brands that when you read their bits, they leave out the MSG. 
When I was a kid my mom told me there is Earth-o-bait in the hotdogs, then her and my cousins joked and whispered like little kids about what Earthobait was, worm innards of some sort.  I haven't sat right with hot dogs ever since, I still think about it when choke down a chilly cheese dog.  I don't eat skyline.

I'm not sure that the Angus thing ever meant anything good.  Maybe in the 50's.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 12:41:54 PM »
I believe that Angus denotes a variety of beef cattle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_cattle

Niman Ranch beef is good, if you have deep pockets.  We don't eat red meat at home, but my husband orders beef when we go out to dinner.  Most restaurants carry Niman Ranch beef around here.
http://store.nimanranch.com/c-13-fearless-franks.aspx

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 11:43:19 PM »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 02:26:58 AM »
John Morell dogs are pretty bad, at least now I know why (Chicken)

Hot dog water explained! holy shitsnacks!

I thought this video was going to be one of those peta horrible animal abuse videos, but it's actually impressive, and way less gross than what I know of making sausages. The fact that they remove the cellulose wrapper is also interesting.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 01:35:32 AM »
my dad eats Hebrew national hot dogs.

Offline SACPOP

• Human
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 01:23:31 PM »
Hebrew National are the best and pretty much all I buy, with the occasional exception of Sabretts every once in a while.
AFA "Angus beef", I look at it the same way I look at "Langostino lobster". Just a marketing term to make an inferior product sound impressive.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:31:23 PM by SACPOP »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 09:07:08 PM »
I'd like to see how hebrew national makes theirs.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 09:53:05 PM »
Aaaaaactually, my brother in law worked for Hebrew National for close to 20 years before they closed their plant in Indianapolis.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 10:54:27 PM »
Could you ask him how similar it was to the video above? I know for one, those morel dogs are about five million percent unkosher.