Author Topic: so, isnt youtube suppose to preload few mins or secs ahead...  (Read 2864 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
so, isnt youtube suppose to preload few mins or secs ahead so it doesnt stop? for whatever reason the video doesnt do that and when it stops I have to go back a few secs for it to start again ( which is annoying)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Buffering...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 09:37:45 PM »
Buffering is bent in youtube flash. I'm starting to think it's intentional.

I usually only run into the problem when I'm watching a longer HD video, but you are not alone.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Re: so, isnt youtube suppose to preload few mins or secs ahead...
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 10:22:19 PM »
It used to be YouTube would continue buffering all the way to the end but several months ago, I noticed it would only buffer 1 minute ahead of the slider.  I believe someone told me that they started doing this to foil the "downloader" apps/browser extensions that were made to download streamed video.  Either way, it sucks.
--dweez

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 03:20:41 PM »
it sucks. it stopped working and I had to refresh, just so youtube can show me 30 min apple ad.now its working find.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 08:31:11 PM »
It used to be YouTube would continue buffering all the way to the end but several months ago, I noticed it would only buffer 1 minute ahead of the slider.  I believe someone told me that they started doing this to foil the "downloader" apps/browser extensions that were made to download streamed video.  Either way, it sucks.

Yeah, opening videos in different tabs instead of waiting for them all to buffer no longer works, the bitches.

I use the Easy YouTube Video Downloader for Firefox and they download quicker than waiting for the vids to buffer.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 09:51:19 PM »
~~Youtube.... *shakes fist
sometimes you can click just a couple seconds forward when it stops loading in the middle of a vid, and the video will commence relatively normally.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 03:31:44 AM »
It seems that certain channels have a priority and don't stop to buffer.

Offline megamarkd

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 07:57:17 AM »
Youtube doesn't know who it is.  They are annoying me right now.  I just got a new camera, so guess I'll deal with redoing all my presentation and the other stuff they just changed.  Without telling us it was coming...grrr...

Oh actually, now I think about it, they give us the option of switching to an alternative layout some months ago, but I took one look at it and decided I could not be stuffed having to do the customisation thing, again, and switched back.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 09:19:37 AM »
Myspace just forced a new layout or user interface.  I was pretty pissed.