Author Topic: iTunes ID woes.  (Read 3825 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
iTunes ID woes.
« on: June 29, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »
Fandango gave me a download code for the 2009 star trek film.

Great, wonderful, let's get on that! I thought.

"Whoa, whoa, young bucky" iTunes said.
"This apple ID has not yet been used with the iTunes Store."

Whatever, Review.

They want a dollar. No. I don't think so. I'm not giving them a dollar to redeem a bless'ed download code.

So I log into my apple ID through the website. (My Apple ID)

Everything is cool there, so I fire iTunes back up. They really want that dollar.

Tough poo apple, you're not getting that bless'ed dollar.

Offline mishca09

• Q
Re: iTunes ID woes.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 04:16:55 AM »
Why Do they want a dollar? For activation purposes?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 11:57:21 AM »
I had to read the very fine print, but they say it's so you can make charges once you run out of "Credits"

So they're being beneficent. Kingly even.

I filed a support request, and was instantly robomailed that someone at apple had read it.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 07:09:48 PM »
Yeah, I don't want to give them that dollar. Amazon closed my seller account because I wouldn't give them my Tax information. Total amount in question? 47 cents.

The reason this is an issue for me is that I shouldn't have to give someone a credit card number to download something I have been given a download code for. I went through the hoop of having an apple ID, they should be able to take the stupid code.

An additional splinter in this case was that the support emails bounce, and they close tickets. Very Tidy support system there.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 07:24:33 PM »
 i have a seller account with amazon and I didn't have to give them my tax information. maybe it depends on what state your from?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Yes, in my case they threatened to give my balance to the state of California unclaimed items office.
I emailed their support department about how ridiculous it is for me to give them tax information over 47 cents. The support agent also found it ridiculous, but explained that they were hitting everyone with it.

Someone ticked a box. I was just able to select None for billing type.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:25:43 PM by 8ullfrog »