Author Topic: Android Emulation Woes.  (Read 6132 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Android Emulation Woes.
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:28:57 AM »
Let's say I have an HTC Thunderbolt through verizon. Next lets say I am looking to load a .gb game boy rom image. And I'm not looking to root.

Next, let's assume GBC A.D. isn't quite cutting it. It's a great emulator for the most part, but it's layout functions are a bit less flexible than I would like.

MyBoy has all of the layout options I'm looking for. Problem? It's a GBA emulator. And the GBA version of the rom I am looking to load SUCKS DONKEY cockerel.

I'm looking for a bare bones emu of a very simple, very classic game. Each updated version of this game has gone into retard mode. I bought an original Game Boy and it really is great. But I can't take it everywhere.

Lumines really would be a lovely solution. I had it on my PSP, and it was great. But my phone isn't a PSP, and I don't currently have access to a PSP. But I do find myself sitting and waiting a lot.

I really, really, need to not be thinking in these time frames. To be less positive about things, I'm sitting in doctors offices, and need something other than old magazines to distract me.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Android Emulation Woes.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 07:21:04 AM »
Could always entertain other people awaiting to see the doc.
Know nothing about emulaters.
Need to carry a PSP with you.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 07:25:30 AM »
Hurricane ruined my psp :(

And it had great game boy emulation. I hit up all the local pawn shops and they had the previous model, and two models ahead.

in not-smart-ese

PSP 1 = phat PSP2 = slim PSP3 = bright PSP4 = go/trackphone.

I'd really love to buy a psp bright locally, rather than through amazon. Stupid, I know, but I like hands on inspection.

I found a pawn shop that had PSP 1's and PSP 4's, but I have yet to find a pawn shop that has PSP3's. He did know what I meant though, which is nice. I gave him my phone number, which I believe he only took to be polite. No calls yet.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 07:27:27 AM »
Didn't realise were so many.
Son has original PSP (thick one), I have a PSP 3000 somewhere

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 07:32:52 AM »
pretty sure the psp 3000 was the bright.

use the thick to "specialize" the bright. I'd advise further, but I believe that advice is discouraged. My main problem is doctors offices tend to be bless'ed dark gnome warrens lately. Original Game Boy does not have a back light, and the contrast knob doesn't do much.

I don't even mind the fact that it eats 4 AA's at a time, I only play mode B in tetris. I'm up to level 8!

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 12:19:38 AM »
didnt know you could "specialize" psp's. then again unlike my son I only played
Mercury / patapon / echochrome / scrabble.
I  live dangerously you see  ;D ;D

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 12:40:37 PM »
It actually makes a better game boy than the game boy. For one, you can speed up the processor, which allows you to get around much more quickly.