Author Topic: Scalloped Sandwich.  (Read 2560 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Scalloped Sandwich.
« on: December 29, 2013, 07:59:59 PM »
It was not my turn to make dinner. Mom mixed up a box of scalloped potatoes, but neglected to follow the instructions, one of which was "stir constantly"

so, foodmergency, because she wandered off to watch TV.

I cooked up some bacon that was on it's way out, topped it with jack cheese, and then topped that with the burned scalloped potatoes on a hamburger bun.

Another hit. But mom really needs to stop leaving the stove unattended.

Offline mishca09

• Q
Re: Scalloped Sandwich.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 10:27:04 AM »
 I will leave something unattended but I always try to time it. So I can try make it back before it burns.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 05:09:23 PM »
I think this is what she INTENDS to do, but then she gets caught up in duck gits or poorly behaved ex-wives, and the poo boils over and ruins the cookware to the point it takes me days to scour the remains.

I think it was six who related a story of a roommate who would put soup on and then golly off to narnia or some such, and it really is frustrating.

That being said, the sandwiches were ballin', And I always love when a meal comes together.

I also like diverting from the "norm" for instance, normality would have had the sandwich plated, and the potatoes in a boring bowl. By mixing them, I came up with something new, even if it was only new to me.

It's always nice to escape food ruts. God, I avoided hot dogs for years because it was mom's go-to dinner.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 11:40:41 PM »
Sounds like a variation of home fries.  I like them crispy anyway.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 09:48:43 AM »
I like Tater Tots crispy too.