Author Topic: Oblivion.  (Read 4303 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Oblivion.
« on: January 05, 2014, 11:12:04 PM »
Fallout 3 runs extremely poorly on this machine, so I tossed Oblivion on. It runs on Medium settings.
I've not done a mage run before, so I decided to go for it. It's interesting not using weapons or armor, and at first I did not have the hang of it. I do like the regenerating mana sorry, Magicka. Initially I had selected the Atronach birth sign, but that dog did not hunt, so I started over and chose the Mage. I guess that makes me a double mage.

I did the Go Fish mission to get my ring of swimming, and now I'm looting valvern to the Ayleid bedrock. So far I've bought the Imperial Shack, and the storage upgrade for the shack, as over encumbrance was driving me bat poo.

Just like in Fallout 3, there are many stories going on without being told. At the exterior of Vilverin, you will find a tent with hanging garlic, and a book inside. Reading the book you will learn about a chilling quest against vampires.

Inside, there is a bunk that has a dagger under a pillow. Frustratingly, you can't loot the dagger. As you get your Indiana Jones on, you may come to the conclusion that Vilverin doesn't make for the best home base, when you find that curiosity really did kill the cat.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:15:01 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Oblivion.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 03:02:28 AM »
I'm hoping that Oblivion will run on the new tablet PC I've bought.  I've heard of people getting Skyrim working on it at low settings, but I think I'll skip attempting that as swapping save games from one comp to another would piss me off.

I wonder if one class is less system intensive, I mean, all those sparkly spells may be more taxing on the graph chip. I kind of like the idea of clobbering everything in one's stride like in the Youtube link you posted.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 04:46:35 AM »
Can your computer run that game?
System Requirements Lab analyzes your computer in just seconds, and it's FREE.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 09:04:09 PM »
I was under the effects of Sculpin beer when I wrote that. So probably?

http://www.ballastpoint.com/beer/sculpin/

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 07:00:32 AM »
Fallout 3 runs extremely poorly on this machine, so I tossed Oblivion on. It runs on Medium settings.
I've not done a mage run before, so I decided to go for it. It's interesting not using weapons or armor, and at first I did not have the hang of it. I do like the regenerating mana sorry, Magicka. Initially I had selected the Atronach birth sign, but that dog did not hunt, so I started over and chose the Mage. I guess that makes me a double mage.

I did the Go Fish mission to get my ring of swimming, and now I'm looting valvern to the Ayleid bedrock. So far I've bought the Imperial Shack, and the storage upgrade for the shack, as over encumbrance was driving me bat poo.

Just like in Fallout 3, there are many stories going on without being told. At the exterior of Vilverin, you will find a tent with hanging garlic, and a book inside. Reading the book you will learn about a chilling quest against vampires.

Inside, there is a bunk that has a dagger under a pillow. Frustratingly, you can't loot the dagger. As you get your Indiana Jones on, you may come to the conclusion that Vilverin doesn't make for the best home base, when you find that curiosity really did kill the cat.

This could be more incomprehensible if written in Klingon.

But only just.

I studied Klingon for a while but kept getting a sore throat.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 02:22:13 PM »
On a similar subject, I was tickled by this

That's style.