Author Topic: online games  (Read 3166 times)

Offline Maudibe

• Homo Erectus
  • I'm not crazy. I'm chosen.
online games
« on: January 21, 2014, 06:19:59 AM »
Hey guys, Was playing my fav online games and thought I'd share them with you, If anyone is playing anything fun and cool leave it here and share the good times.

Marvel: Avengers Alliance   http://www.playdom.com/games/avengers/play?lv=1369842763&track=ad-gg-dsMAenUS-US-M-21-65-Gen#/inbox

Game of Thrones Ascent    http://www.kongregate.com/games/DisruptorBeam/game-of-thrones-ascent

Offline tarascon

• Cro-Magnon
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Re: online games
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 06:38:50 AM »
^ Checked out the link and was told that "To play games on Kongregate, you must have Javascript enabled and be using a current version of Adobe's Flash Player." I have both and only saw a grey-screen.  :(

I found out recently that Game of Thrones is a mod for Medieval II Total War. It looks cheesy...

I haven't done many MMO's. Played Lotro (http://signup.lotro.com/lotro.php?ftui=LOTROWeathertopHCVideo&cl=75&hf=0&abrs=711_1390311168&utm_source=Clix&utm_medium=Google_Search&utm_campaign=LOTRO&referral=589202&gclid=CPOj8Nmwj7wCFRKBfgodxR0A9w). I got Beatrix and aelthric to join me there (I ran a guild). 8ullfrog joined but I heard he didn't care for it.
I joined Dota 2, No More Room in Hell, & Warframe (all f2p) on Steam. Didn't care for the Steam games. Lotro was a blast but, over a year, I spent $200 easy on extra gear and such.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:43:39 AM by tarascon »
Estragon: I can't go on like this.
Vladimir: That's what you think.

Offline Maudibe

• Homo Erectus
  • I'm not crazy. I'm chosen.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 07:21:18 AM »
Strange I just clicked the link opened up fine for me one of those things I guess. Gonna check out those games you mentioned sounds like fun

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 01:40:37 AM »
I've still been playing LOTRO Lord of the Rings Online.  Still da best game ever if you want to play with me Maudibe.  But tarascon has a point, you get to the point where you really really want to spend cash on it.  It's bothersome.

Offline tarascon

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 06:08:11 AM »
You still running the Guides of Arda guild Bea? And what level are you?
Sometimes I have a yen to go back but I think Lotro deletes all player avatars after 6 months.*

* If my avvy names are still on yer Friend List that means they still exist.

Strange I just clicked the link opened up fine for me one of those things I guess. Gonna check out those games you mentioned sounds like fun

Yeah, got it just now. I needed to get NoScript to allow it. I'm tempted to try it.
Warframe was fun but way tuff to solo--I wanted to solo until I got the game mechanics down before I ran with other players so I wouldn't be a team liability. I got to level 8. The other thing is that the community seemed very unwilling to help newbs--they're a bit clannish. One or two folks did help me figure out the controls (the game has no "guide book). No More Room in Hell was hard to play and seemed very buggy. And the folks at Dota 2 were quite snarky... a bunch of teenage jerks, I think.

Check this alpha MMO out. It's still very glitchy though...
http://dayzmod.com/
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/01/dayz-early-access-impressions-surviving-in-the-land-of-glitches/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 06:49:42 AM by tarascon »

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »
Yes.  I set Trevia to run The Guides of Arda.  But we all went to make our own kin.  Then I left for 6 months of having no internet and it fell apart.  So now it's just Mirika and I. and Since no one was in Guides I just pay rent and keep Trevia as leader to let little Stormfly play and have a good kin. 

I treat it with respect though, and it's yours if you want to come back.  I've seen Edthellios and Stikky got online, but not for about a month, or since I've been back. 

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 07:58:49 PM »
STO just got a major revamp from the early "episodes" up until current. They got several of the original voice actors to reprise their roles.

They've just announced that Tuvok has been added. :D Yay tuvok!

Medieval II Total War is BADASS. One of my favorite games ever.

I did not care for LOTRO. I went into it grudgingly, but the anti-technology bent it gets into just pissed me off. I think there were house elves or some poo running around covered in tar and I just checked out mentally.

Compare that to the elder scrolls games, where I have a hell of a time throwing around spells.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 08:01:53 PM »
That's cool you play Total War.  I like Shogun and Rome Total War.  I'd try that, and if I remember right I could play it online against other people?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 08:33:41 PM »
I always just took over each region. No idea how the game is "supposed" to be played.

I played a lot of Total war when I was working at the supermarket. A roommate took one of the disks from this and one of the disks from silent hill 3 just to be a richard when he moved out.

I got the total war collection on steam during a sale, and have no clue what I'm doing. I managed to take Scotland, but beyond that I'm getting my ass handed to me.

Offline tarascon

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 06:50:57 AM »
Yes.  I set Trevia to run The Guides of Arda.  But we all went to make our own kin.  Then I left for 6 months of having no internet and it fell apart.  So now it's just Mirika and I. and Since no one was in Guides I just pay rent and keep Trevia as leader to let little Stormfly play and have a good kin. 

I treat it with respect though, and it's yours if you want to come back.  I've seen Edthellios and Stikky got online, but not for about a month, or since I've been back.

Can you check your Friend List to see if "I" am still listed? That will tell me if I've been deleted or not: Earwicker, Ryeman, Chawser, Tarascon, or Shaxper.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 06:54:08 AM »
Yes I will t.  Sorry I didn't see this a bit sooner.  :P

Offline tarascon

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 07:50:09 AM »
I just figured you hadn't been on Lotro lately. :)