Author Topic: Infomercial tortilla bowls  (Read 2466 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Infomercial tortilla bowls
« on: January 27, 2014, 08:46:37 AM »
Mom made chili. No, let me rephrase that, mom TRIED to make chili. Some choices, eccentric.

The amount of chili powder was well over regulation. And potato? These things are hardly peeled, let alone diced. Not that I'd put diced potato in chili. But that is where one must agree to disagree.

I've actually been trying to make a specific recipe for chili. I know how to do it basic, but I was trying to do a recipe without deviation. One of the biggest problems in meal making is deviation from recipes. People madam and moan about bent up meals, when they substitute mayonnaise for sour cream. Now a smart person knows, no bless'ed way can you use Mayonaise when a recipe calls for sour cream, but I have learned that moms are desperate, and sanity is no barrier.

Anyway, her only real problems were an over use of chili powder, and ignoring the bit about masa harina.

Now I've been sitting on this recipe for a while, because I wanted to follow the script, and make things how the recipe said so.

Apparently I waited too long.

Several months back mom bought the tortilla bowls from the infomercial. This was suboptimal, but I won't argue against it, it isn't bad at all.

I will say you need cheddar to pull that poo off, accept no velveeta. I think I've got that much filed in the mom brain.

anyway, she did her best, and it's... Okay.

I pulled up epic mealtime. She is not amused.