Author Topic: Widgets and Gromets.  (Read 2033 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Widgets and Gromets.
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:56:59 AM »
Whenever my roommate re caulks the shower frame, he does the job of a two year old with play-doh. Offers to do the job for him are stubbornly rebuffed.

The shower door assembly has small, not quite oval cutouts, (=) which allow water to roll from the door, through the relief holes, to the bathtub, thus not flooding the bless'ed bathroom.

Every time he does a re caulking, he fills these holes, which I must then cut out with a blade, after the bathroom floods. One would think you could buy a dowel, a widget, or gromet to fill the bless'ed relief hole, but it evades me.

Next, there is my pistol. I'm missing pretty much all of the accessories from my pistol, as most of my things were stolen when I was forcibly relocated.

The pistol, THANK THE GODS, did not fall into bad hands. I have it now, it's safely locked down.

But back when I bought it, at a range, straight from the manufacturer, it had a small, orange plastic gromet that expanded into the barrel, and protruded from the ejection port. I'll work something up in photoshop later, but I was wondering what in the golly that little orange piece of plastic is called, and where I can get one.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 02:07:55 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline mishca09

• Q
Re: Widgets and Gromets.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 06:18:06 AM »
Found this
Think one person said they are called chamber flags
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-guns/132708-orange-stopper-new-gun.html

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 08:28:59 AM »
How often do you have to re-caulk your shower frame?
--dweez

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 10:49:17 PM »
He does a pretty crappy job, so fairly often. I think I've discussed that before in the roommate thread.

Thanks for the link mishca.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 03:47:13 AM »
 ::) And no need in discussing it now, apparently.   ???