Author Topic: Sam Adams Summer Box.  (Read 2968 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Sam Adams Summer Box.
« on: June 29, 2014, 05:02:50 PM »
I had a Variety box of Sierra Nevada IPA's a while back, and I'm pretty sure I liked all of them. It was mom's turn to pick the beer this time, so she chose the Sam Adams Summer Variety box.

I'm a little wary of the Sam Adams flavors, some of them are great, but when they are bad, they take the bless'ed cake. I think Dennis Leary had a bit about their holiday beers, one of the few pieces of original material he had.

One kind of neat thing is they notch the label by the month you should drink the beer by so it doesn't taste like poo. First one is notched for December. As it's June, I think I'm in the clear on that aspect.

The beer came in a sealed box. The beer comes in a brown bottle, so skunking likelihood should be low.

So the first beer on the list is Belgian Session. 4.3% Alc./Vol.

The label reads "A crisp refreshing version of a traditional belgian beer. Fruity, slightly
spicy flavors from the belgian yeastare balanced by toffee and caramel"

My views:
Burnt plastic mixed with Styrofoam, with a hint of wet dirt and electrical fire.(Not mud, just damp soil.)

Certainly not a hit. Mom likes it though, and that is what is important. I'll update the thread as the other beers are tested.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Re: Sam Adams Summer Box.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 05:13:57 PM »
I like my beer to taste like beer.  I know need any fruit or spice in it.  I'm not a viking.  About the closest thing to a "flavored" beer that I like is Guiness.  Yay chocolate beer!!
--dweez

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 06:06:00 PM »
As I near the bottom of this bottle, I'd say it's starting to taste like asparagus. At first I thought spinach, but I like spinach. Definitely asparagus. Or lawn clippings.

Either way, Belgian Session is not a good beer.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 01:43:49 AM »
only know of 1 samual adams beer. nice

Offline xtopave

• Q
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 09:01:37 AM »
I like my beer to taste like beer.  I know need any fruit or spice in it.  I'm not a viking.  About the closest thing to a "flavored" beer that I like is Guiness.  Yay chocolate beer!!

I sooo agree.