Author Topic: antipathetic cooking.  (Read 2855 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
antipathetic cooking.
« on: August 25, 2014, 08:51:56 PM »
Last night was my turn, I made salad, and put my back into it. crisp, flavorful, and most importantly, I gave a poo.

Tonight was mom's turn. She chose burritos, but did not defrost the meat before hand.

So she did the microwave defrost, which never turns out well, so it was a rubbery half cooked mess.

She poked it around in the frying pan for a few minutes then lost interest. The rice was left to simmer, she had checked out.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong when I take over a dish, like I'm rewarding a bad child for doing a poo job at vacuuming to try and get out of future work. I don't mind cooking, and am happy to do so if asked.

The whole point of getting mom to cook is to keep her active and the golly away from the TV. When she wanders off in the middle of it, it really pisses me off.

I chopped the poo out of the unappetizing globs of meat, and then brought them to high heat to clear out the pink. It still tasted like garbage so I poured salsa over it like one would when preparing meat sauce.

That solved the flavor issues. So, if you run into this problem, hope it helps?

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: antipathetic cooking.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 05:26:32 PM »
As I do all the cooking I have routines that work almost by autopilot.  If I were to relinquish some of the culinary responsibilty I have no doubt my kitchen would resemble yours. So I don't. It's just not worth it as eating should be a pleasure at all times.

Can't you just do the mains and get your mum/mom to do the dessert?  Most of the best ones don't require heat and the freezer is more a friend than an enemy.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline xtopave

• Q
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 08:24:50 PM »
So she did the microwave defrost, which never turns out well

That's tricky indeed. Specially true about ground meat.

All the help I get from my family in the kitchen is reheating something in the oven or microwave. Many times I even cook when I go to my sister's. She's a bad cook (I don't say this to her of course) but she prepares fantastic cocktails. So it's a win-win situation.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »
Tonight she made meatball subs with frozen meatballs, and once again Mr. Wave was a big part of it.

I'm a little surprised because last night we called "golly it" and ordered a pizza, which I think means it was my turn tonight.

Still, the subs were good. And she chopped the meatballs in half instead of overstuffing the bun.

Shows she does give a poo, just that she really, really likes to cut corners.