Author Topic: Star Wars spoiler thread.  (Read 6865 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Star Wars spoiler thread.
« on: January 17, 2016, 03:23:33 AM »
I went and saw star wars the day before my endoscopy because I thought an endoscopy was more invasive than it actually was.

Overall, I enjoyed the film, with a few small dislikes.

1. Bb8. The sand totally would have dicked up his rolly head thing, or it would have tore off when he was mounted in the xwing

I did like his three point harness part.

2. The alien extras are once again straight out of nightmare hell, it's like cronenberg lite up in this. There were a couple extras in Star trek that fell into the same mold. One of the bridge bunines looked like a tall mix between voldemort and a waterlogged corpse. Someone must be selling JJ the bad acid.

3. Snoke. God damnit. When I heard the giant cgi Palpatine was named snoke I thought we were falling down the garbage chute into another trade federation blockade debacle.  Thankfully I've read since that the projection was oversized, like in empire. Still, another cgi politician like thanos.

4. Kylo ren. Like and dislike. His calm measure while doing the dark lord deeds was neat. I liked that, how he seemed almost polite. I did not like the in media results introduction, but I understand JJ didn't want to do flashbacks or even worse, go the Jake Lloyd route.

As a kid, I didn't really want to be luke, and I hated how the eu books essentially turned Han into an absentee father/ chauffeur. To see that happen in the new movie upset me more than the father son reunion on Starkiller base.

6. R2 being powered down / hermit luke.

I understand they need to sell those Bb8 toys, but having R2 stand around in sleep mode made no bless'ed sense, he could have been on planet Scotland with luke. And that bless'ed hermit could at least have said hello.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Star Wars spoiler thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 10:09:08 PM »
Fn2187 was raised similarly to how the jedi brought up their... younglings. Not sure if you missed it, but Finn mentioned not knowing his parents. Caption phasma, the shinest stormtrooper, mentions not wanting to recondition him, then later says she will recondition him.

The first order is what became of the Empire after rotj. Obviously there would be a lot of restructuring after the emperor took his trip down the shaft of doom. We don't get background on snoke, but ginger Hitler was fairly self explanatory, even with his stupid winged hat.

The new republic consisted of about five planets and a space fleet. Think of the fleet in Battlestar galactica. Not really a player anymore, since they are all dead.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 10:20:20 PM »
You mean Adolph Weasley?
--dweez

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 05:04:05 AM »
Didn't Lucas add that poo in 97? I could understand the rebellion and the terrorist teddy bears having that gruesome BBQ after nuking the DS2, but there would still be a huge military remnant, even if many planets thew off the yoke of imperial opression. Then again, some of the dark poo the Empire pulled would likely lead to weak planets continuing to fly the flag long after the imperial system failed.

As to finn, the force is pissed that it's become stagnant. I'm starting to think the force is a bad thing. Finn and Rey both experience events in the force, and it is not a nice experience for either.  Finn was essentially a Mall cop who found himself in the midst of a civilian massacre, and couldn't pull the trigger. I think he felt his partners death in the force and realized that they were the baddies, and he needed to gtfo. Like he tells poe, he needed a pilot. He only pulls the resistance story when a sand lady starts beating the crap out of him with that stick.

In the middle of the first film, the galactic senate is dissolved and a system of governors replaces traditional rule. So the Republic would need to work system by system to get people to join up. The death star was meant to keep both the populace and govenous in line through a system of fear.

This is from a video game, but in battlefront 2, you are a soldier in the 501st, Vaders legion, sent in to pacify naboo. You assassinate the queen then roll in a garrison to keep the civvies in line. Vader also pulls this poo in cloud city when he "alters the deal"

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 10:51:27 PM »
No worries, Disney officially said that all the extras don't count.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 12:41:04 AM »
ashamed to say I havent watch as yet, busy xmas. Hope to visit a imax if still showing

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 01:05:00 AM »
It was already at the bottom of the list and back of theater when I went. Dunno if it's really worth IMAX. It was half the price for standard vs 3d. There were a few big screen moments, but a lot of the film is spent on foot. Aside from covering fire, the xwings just seemed like toy placement. The falcon got a couple cool moments, but even in star trek I got the feeling JJ isn't all that comfortable in space, which is amusing considering the source material.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 02:52:33 AM »
cannot watch 3d eyes dont cope well with it  ;D ;D
may wait for a release then