Author Topic: NES Classic.  (Read 6900 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
NES Classic.
« on: May 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM »
So, yesterday was my birthday, and I got a whole lot of nothing. I had intended to get myself an NES classic, but nintendo discontinued it, and the ebay terrorists want about $250 for one.

I picked up the term "ebay terrorist" from penny arcade, and I think it's damned fitting. I buy video games to play them, not to hang them up in a display case.

I've wanted pokemon yellow for years, but getting either A) a legit cart or B) a non dead battery in said cart is a challenge outside of my purview. poo, I can't find an AGS-101 for less than an obscene amount of cash.

So I'll probably never get an nes classic, and that sucks.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: NES Classic.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 03:11:50 PM »
Sorry to hear you were priced out, 8ully, and a belated Happy Birthday to you.

I ran yellow in an emulator for a while, and that was the last pokemon that I played (blue being the first). After yellow I couldn't raise the enthusiasm to start at the beginning again.

-- because I was on a mac emulator the "link" emulation never worked, so I have never tried the sharing part of the game.

My kids had Game Boys and NES/SNES/ N64/ Whatevers, but I was never allowed to play on them.

You never cease to surprise me.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 05:52:01 PM »
I was always fighting my kids for the Gameboys, I think I beat them all (the games) before handing them back over.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 01:37:04 PM »
I got one! And it only took what, two years?

The scarcity was artificial. They DID do a second run on the NES classic, which they said they weren't going to do.

I believe I mentioned the ordeal to get the SNES classic, getting the NES Classic was fairly easy. I went on the website, selected my store, and they put a hold on it.

Clerk told me they have a massive supply of SNES classics they can't get rid of, which surprised me. Nintendo did say they aren't going to make them past December 2018, so if you want one, get it while you can.

And not off Amazon. Holy crap are there some horror stories on there.

Now I just have to cross my fingers than an AGS-101 will show up in goodwill, and my classic gaming collection will be complete!

Unless I decide to get into SEGA...