Author Topic: Great Value Products.  (Read 2843 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Great Value Products.
« on: June 05, 2017, 09:18:34 PM »
The toilet paper can kick rocks, but their cheetos and pop tart knockoffs beat out the genuine article. I find that cheetos are actually the least cheesy of the cheese puffs. Then again, that entire company seems devoted to gnarled spicy turd doodles. Screw flaming hot cheetos, and the shelf space they steal from better products.

The pop tart knockoffs don't look like much, but have double the filling of pop tarts. Not that that's saying much, pop tarts are getting damn stingy with the filling.

Online 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Great Value Products.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 11:50:09 AM »
WalMart also owns White Cloud.  You can often find coupons for it.  It's not bad.

GV is fine for some things:  white sugar, vinegar, canned black beans, most generic type stuff.  They also have Equate toiletries and over the counter medicines that are ok, generally.  The prices are usually less than normal retail for brand names, but the latter can often undersell GV with coupons or other promotions.  There's a slew of cash back apps (ibotta, Checkout51, Savingstar, etc) that pay you for targeted purchases, but they never include store brands like GV or CVS Health.  Let me know if you need more info, or want to try them as I can send you a link that will give you money back for redeeming your first purchase.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Great Value Products.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »
They ruined the cheese puffs. Made them gluten free, and somehow removed 90% of the flavor.

I'm shocked how quickly they ruined a good thing, but the company is not known for making quality decisions.

Still have to drive two towns over to get cream based soups instead of the bless'ed rice and water combos.