Author Topic: Getting past meat eviction  (Read 2582 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Getting past meat eviction
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:42:53 PM »
Maybe this isn't so much a food thread? Well it involves food, so I'll post it anyway.

I'd rather have a salad in this heat, but leftovers drive.

I decided that while I didn't want to cook dinner, I could still be courteous and do some prep, with some cheating.

A couple nights ago I shredded some sharp cheddar. It could stand to be sharper, but it's decent for the price.

I warmed the sandwich rolls and did the angle slice I learned working in the supermarket deli.

I cleared the counter and laid out the ingredients, finished with a can of stagg chili classic, the least poo of the canned chili.

The reason for this was to let mom feel like she "made dinner" while also feeling appreciated by not having to do all the work.

It all came out ok, probably would have been better off using stagg country (more tomatoes) but tonight was devoid of screaming or threats. Which is nice.

I like a quiet life with no alarms and no surprises.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Getting past meat eviction
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 05:48:12 AM »
In my experience, food has a way of taking the edge off of anyone who feels quarrelsome.  I don't really know much about canned chillis but it helps to know as my husband sometimes likes to have it to take for lunch.