Author Topic: I'll never get a Samsung note again  (Read 7374 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
I'll never get a Samsung note again
« on: August 16, 2017, 09:40:20 PM »
My note 4 died and I barely had it for 2 years. Plus I had already sent money replacing the battery and the faulty port. Absolutely wasteful  >:( .

Offline mishca09

• Q
Re: I'll never get a Samsung note again
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 04:27:52 AM »
I know Christ. As I was typing that , I could hear you say get an iphone... but I've resisted this long...

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 11:02:28 PM »
I don't know poo about the notes, but I'm still using a tab 3, and it has survived a drunken ninja star throw when I went into the kitchen to get another beer and my pain roommate had run an extension cord at ankle level [across the doorway].

In 2014.

You might have got hosed on the port replacement, and possibly the battery replacement as well, because I've suspected both on ol tabby, and it turned out it just likes to fry ac adapters.

I've read the average lifespan on an official ac adapter is four months. All the reviews online said the adapters are poo and to go third party. I had bought two excell ones, but those are poo, so I splurged $17 for a duracell one.

Aren't the notes the ones they overprice by $200 because of the stylus?

I can un-recommend another brand though, elipsis. They're crap

If this is considered thread necromancy, I apologize.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 12:58:41 AM »
If they can raise Jesus from the dead and praise that, no need to apologize for breathing new life into a thread.  Besides, the information may be helpful for someone.

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 10:19:30 AM »
Unfortunately, the Ace 4 is bottom of the line crap. I can see how some would be turned off of a manufacturer that would even release garbage like that, yet still boast about their flagships; Galaxy S8 and the Note 8, both of which are excellent handsets with the Note 8 quite possibly being the best phone on the market today.

I'm not a Samsung lover, the name alone doesn't stand for quality, if you haven't researched it you could end up with a pile of junk, not to mention their flagship devices are well over priced IMHO, I'm much happier using last gen flagships that are $0 under my plan.

OTOH, I'm also not an iPhone fan either for the economical reasons alone, but I know almost for certain that if I did grab an iPhone that I would have a quality device that would last for quite some time.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 06:34:18 PM »
Well I ended up getting the s8plus

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 07:07:56 AM »
Well I ended up getting the s8plus

Good phone IMO, among the top of the line in it's platform.
You'll regret it.

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day ...

Why is that?

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 10:52:49 AM »
Cuz it's not an iPhone.
--dweez

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 08:11:34 PM »
It's pretty amazing soooo far. Fingers crossed . My mom had apple phone which is great for her. Everyone at work has a apple. I cannnnnt conform lol

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 09:16:06 PM »
iPhone and iPad are the only Apple products I've owned (unless you count the gen1 512MB iPod shuffle that I still have laying around somewhere). With the dozens of different Android-based phone hardware, and the dozens+ versions/variations on the AndroidOS tweaked by the different manufacturers, it's comforting to know that Apple focuses on only one version of iOS and only need to support a handful of different iphone/ipad models.

But I don't fault others for wanting Android-based hardware as it is generally much cheaper and still adequate. Just not my thing.
--dweez

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 12:38:47 AM »
christ has been watching old movies again.

My computers (all macs) are so old they're growing beards.  They're infuriatingly slow.  I'm not sure if I want to buy Macs again, mostly due to the price tag.  But moving into the awkward Windows GUI doesn't much appeal to me either.

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 08:10:11 AM »

But I don't fault others for wanting Android-based hardware as it is generally much cheaper and still adequate. Just not my thing.

Overall cheaper perhaps, but flagship devices are on par with Apple's pricing. We'll have to take a gander at the initial sales of the Note 8, the fanboys have been lining up to get it.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 08:30:18 AM »
Six, you can always buy refurbished from the apple store or you  apply for the cr3dit card and pay it off in 18 months eith no interest.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 10:12:27 PM »
I may just try upgrading the RAM and see if that keeps me from going crazy for a while.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »
Why is that?

Hello Alfonz. Have we met?

christ has been watching old movies again.

In hindsight I probably should have gone for the whole quote:

"... you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life."

I've resigned myself to having to throw away my phones on a yearly basis due to them being full of dust and other crap. There is just no way of keeping them clean and functional and proper construction site phones (like CAT and Dewalt) are too pricey with little functionality and poor hardware.

I'd be lucky of an iPhone lived for six months in my hands.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.